Currents

Max kept her eyes closed as she felt around for her phone charging on her nightstand

Max kept her eyes closed as she felt around for her phone charging on her nightstand. She felt the cold air of her fan blowing on her face trying to keep her cool as she silently cheered and opened her eyes seeing the blinding photo of Stiles staring at her.

"I love you but I swear if you wake me up for something as stupid as your cold and 'want me to warm you up' I will break up with you right here and right now." She hissed out. "First of all, you laugh every time I say it. Second, something is happening. I'm outside." Stiles said quickly hanging up.

Max furrowed her brows as she sighed and sat up staring at the blankets all over her floor and the fan on the highest setting. Ever since the incident where Deucalion lit her on fire and she can now control it, feels hot all the time. She quickly throws on a pair of black sweatpants, red bralette and a black cardigan and her vans before running down the steps.

"Max?" Max turned around to see her mother standing in the family room. "Where are you going?" Amy questioned as Max shrugged, "Stiles is outside." Amy sighed as she crossed her arms and looked at her daughter before shaking her head. "I don't know what is going on with you. I don't know if you're going back to your old ways. I don't know if this is something you're trying out now that you're in a happy relationship. I don't know what this is. But-"

"This is me just trying to hang out with the people I love, mom." Max shouts back. "This is me actually being there for my friends and not hiding away in my room all day. This is what you wanted." Amy scoffs as she walks over to Max, "Something is going on, Maxine. Either you tell me now and I'll let you walk out that door and let this all go or you walk out that door and once you're ready to talk, you can stay somewhere else."

Max opens the door as she stares at her mom, "You know I thought you would be happy for me after the shit two years I had. I had to almost kill myself for you to see that I was hurting and this time I'm actually doing something I want to do. I'm doing something I love." Max almost utters the words that she's saving people, but she turns around and walks outside the house.

She quickly got in the car as Stiles stared at her with wide eyes. "What?" She questioned. "Do you want to- Do you need to-"

"Just drive."

"Right. Yep."

🌕

Deputy cars surround the parking lot of the hospital as Stilinski tries to get statements from Melissa and Scott with Stiles and Max's help. "Hang on, hang on. They were both in the car?" Stilinski asked and Stiles shook his head. "No, dad, they're trying to tell you that it was two separate kidnappings, okay? Two doctors, both gone." He said and his father nodded slightly.

"So, whose car is this?" Stilinski asked, nodding to the car they were standing by, Dr. Hilyard, the on-call doctor. The ER attending is the one that never made it back in." Melissa said and Stilinski sighed softly. "Let me just focus on getting your story first, all right?" He said and Melissa nodded before he turned to the teens, "Kids, give us a second."