Party Guessed

"Are you okay?"

"Are you okay?"

Max scoffs shaking her head as she stares straight ahead watching the trees pass by as Stiles drives her home. "I feel like I should be asking you that." She mutters. "What is that supposed to mean?" Stiles asks her.

"Just forget it." Max mutters, "It's nothing. Just the party got to intense and we couldn't even save Jackson." Max whispers looking down at her hands. She smiles as she watches Stiles reach across and interlock their hands together. "We're going to save him. I promise you Max."

Max nods as she watches her house appear in her sight and the Jeep stop. Max pulls her hand away from Stiles slowly missing his face fall. She knows that when she goes into her house that her mom will ask her about her night and Max will realize that everything came crashing down.

Scott knew.

Scott knew her biggest secret and for once she wished she was back to being the Maxine Finstock from the start of Sophomore year. She wished that the rumors will the only thing that the boy knew.

She was called easy and a slut. She heard Matt and his friends call her names and spill rumors about her life and personal details. And after those horrible days, Jackson was the one that said he threatened all of them. He took care of it for her and that's all that mattered.

Now she has to face this all again on her own. She has a gut feeling that Scott is going to try and save her but she can't let him help her.

Max jumps feeling someone touch her. "I've been calling your name now for a few minutes." Stiles says softly , "Your mom is staring us down." Max nods as she catches her mom staring at the two. Max quickly gets out of the car and shutting the door.

"Max!" Stiles screams out causing the girl to look back at him, "Can you at least tell me what happened in there?" He asks but Max just shakes her head. "I'll call you." She whispers looking down at the ground. "Promise me?" Stiles asks her, "Because I don't think you will."

"I'll call you." Max mutters before walking into her house. She slowly closes the door as she tris to keep her breath steady. "How was the party?" Max jumps at the sound of her dad's voice. She turns around spotting her mom and dad both sitting on the couch waiting for her.

"It was something." She says as she laughs nervously. "Are you okay, Max?" Amy asks as she stands up. "I'm going to bed. I'm a little tired." She tells both of them as she rushes up to her room.

Max shuts the door as she starts to cry feeling the pain linger in her body. She looks around her room throwing her shoes off as the hit the wall. She screams loudly as she her body starts to burn. She quickly runs to her bathroom spotting her eyes glowing orange.

Max in her crazed state of mind picks up a hairbrush and throws it at her mirror. The mirror cracks as the glass splinters from the middle. Max pulls her hair as her hands start to glow and the orange takes over the whites of her eyes.