Battlefield

"It's been a while Max

"It's been a while Max. How have you been since our last session?"

Max doesn't answer right away as she stares straight ahead at her therapist. She was a nice lady, Miss Cunning, she started seeing Max after the hospital appointed her to Max but they kept it going seeing how comfortable Max was with her.

She was only person number two that she told about Matt.

But now she was one out of five that knew about Matt.

"How have you been? Are you still talking to your friends?" She asked Max. "I've been talking to some friends." Max muttered playing with the string on the couch. "Oh? Like who?" Cunning asked intrigued.

"Derek Hale." Max admitted with a straight face. "Derek Hale? The Derek Hale who was accused of murder?" Cunning asked furrowing her brows. Max nodded as she pursed her lips. "He's been helping me lately. Listening to me."

"Is it safe?" Cunning asked her. "It's the safest place I could be right now. My one friend her mom just died and my other friend his mom won't talk to hm." Max said shrugging. "Jackson and Lydia?" She asked Max but Max shook her head. "I haven't talked to them recently. Not since, Lydia's party." She said. Cunning nodded as she leaned back in her chair, "That night it happened was the last time you talked them?"

Max nodded slowly as she stared right past her shoulder. A trick she learned when she first got here, there used to be a picture of Cunning's dog but now it was filled with a picture of a dog and a cat. She used to stare at that photo where it was close enough she could act like she was paying attention but never looking at her in the face.

"Tell me, anything new happened lately? A new boyfriend perhaps?"

Max for once looked her in the eyes as she opened her mouth only to shut it. "I had one. But I think- I think we're done." Cunning sighed as she watched Max's face fall. "Did something happen?"

"We- we -we," Max trailed off not really know what to say. Because what happened to her and Stiles is still a mystery to her.

One, maybe Stiles got annoyed that Max was putting up her walls again and was tired of trying to figure her out.

Two, maybe it was the fact that Stiles found out about her and Matt. Maybe he was disgusted and repulsed by her so he let her go.

Three, maybe it was the fact that Max left Stiles in the police station. Maybe her trying to protect him only ended up hurting him.

Four, maybe Stiles just didn't care about Max like she cared him.

Maybe it was too soon for Max to know that she loved him but to her it was like a slow burn. The way the fireworks exploded when they kissed in his Jeep for the first time. The way that he was always there for her even when she pushed him to Lydia. The way that he danced with her for the first time and admitted everything. The way he protected her. The way he held her. The way he kissed her.