Heart Monitor

Max stood outside her dad's office as she watched kids walk by her

Max stood outside her dad's office as she watched kids walk by her. She felt lonely. Lydia was next to her trying to talk to her but all Max could do was wait to spot Stiles. The two left things in a weird place the night before but she did hear about his dad getting hit by a car.

How badly she wanted to talk to him but how scared she was to pick up the phone.

"Max are you even listening to me?" Lydia asks her snapping Max out of her gaze. "Yeah, yeah Lydia I am." She muttered before glancing to Lydia. The strawberry blonde stared at the girl as she crossed her arms causing Max to sigh. "Sorry, just a lot on my mind. What were you saying?"

Lydia sighed as she stared at the girl who she considered one of her closest friends but she always felt like Max had to pick a side, her or Jackson. "It doesn't matter." Lydia said with a sigh. "Hi Scott." Lydia called out as she spotted Scott walking over to them.

Max quickly stood up as Scott turned around before running after him. If she couldn't get answers from Stiles the least she could do was try Scott. She quickly grabbed his arm before he could get to far and drag him off to the side.

"You know for a werewolf I shouldn't be able to catch you this easily." She told him with a chuckle. "Hey Max." Scott stuttered out. "Talk. Why are you being so weird today?"

"Weird? I'm not being weird." Scott said to her. Max stared at him with a straight face as she crossed her arms. "This is you normal?" She asks, "No wonder why you didn't have a girlfriend."

"Hey!"

"Now tell me, what's going on?" Max questioned him. "Why do you even want to know about this?" Scott asked her as the bell started ringing for class and the two started to walk. "Why do you want to help us?"

Max shrugged as she pushed her hair around, "Because I want to. I want to help you two and I want to help you and Allison. Besides I like the risk of being chased by a werewolf." Max said with a chuckle.

The two teens walked into the room as Max and Stiles, who was sitting down, caught sight of each other. Each teen stood still before Max followed Scott to her seat, next to Stiles.

"Max-"

"Class is starting." She said to Stiles as she avoided looking at him. Stiles sighed as he stared front hearing Scott trying to talk to him.

"Can you at least tell me if your dad is okay? I mean it's just a bruise, right? Some soft tissue damage?"

"Nothing, that big." Scott mutters.

"You know I feel really bad about it, right?"

Scott looks over to Max as the girl shrugs unsure how to help in this situation as Stiles is ignoring Scott ans she's really trying to not to talk to Stiles.

"What if I told you I'm trying to figure this whole thing out, and that I went to Derek for help?"

"If I was talking to you, I'd say that you're an idiot for trusting him. But obviously, I'm not talking to you." Stiles clicks his tongue as the bell rings. "What did he say?" Stiles and Max both turn to Scott.