Lunatic

"Dad I don't need these constant checkups

"Dad I don't need these constant checkups." Max groans as she shut the door to her dad's office. "Taking me out of class early just to make sure I'm okay is not necessary. Between this and Mom's constant texts, I can handle it."

Bobby holds his hands up as he watches his daughter take a seat. "Can you blame us Max? One more thing and you could go off the rails. Do something strange that kids do these days." Bobby says.

Max furrows her brows as she sighs and leans back in her chair. "I said I'm fine." She mutters. Bobby sighs staring at Max who once again put her walls up. His daughter when she was younger was a very young and trusting girl. She would always be the one to make sure everyone was happy. Bobby remembers when he used to have host tea-parties with her and now he's making sure she doesn't close up again.

The bell rings making Max stand up and grab her bag. "Where are you going?" Bobby calls out. "Class. I have a test for Harris. I'll see you at lacrosse practice." She tells him rushing over and kissing his cheek. She heads out of his office only to run into Allison, literally.

"Max?" Allison asks. "Hey Allison." Max mutters staring at the girl.

"Can I ask you a question?" Allison asks as the two start their walk to class. Max nods as she holds her books closer to her chest. "Did I make a mistake?" Max sighs as she tilts her head, "With Scott? I don't know." Max answers, "That's your personal choice Allison. I understand it was difficult and not easy but I'm the last person to give relationship advice."

"Would have done the same if it was Stiles?"

Max bites her lip, "I think if I thought he was lying to me about something, something big than maybe. Maybe I would've but that's not me. That's not us. This is you and your relationship." Max tells her, "Stiles and I, we don't even have any label yet and I couldn't tell you what I would do."

It was true. Max and Stiles never got to have their awkward talk because either the Sheriff was holding his son hostage or Max's parent's were. It got to the point where they threatened to send Max back to therapy because they were scared of her.

The girls were silent as they walked towards Harris' class and took their seats next to each other. Max looked up just in time to see Stiles walk in and they both smiled at each other, Max blushing.

Max moves her stare away from Stiles just in time to see Scott walk into the classroom. Scott walks up to Allison, "Allison." "Mr. McCall, please take a seat." Mr. Harris says as Max glares at him. Scott looks over to Max as she gives him a small smile.

"You have forty five minutes to complete the test. Twenty five percent of your grade can be earned right now simply by writing your name on the cover of the blue book. However, as happens every year, one of you will inexplicably fail to put your name on the cover and I'll be left yet again questioning my decision to ever become a teacher. So let's get the disappointment over with. Begin."