Formality

Max sighs as she sits on the edge of Scott's bed as she watches the boy search for his phone

Max sighs as she sits on the edge of Scott's bed as she watches the boy search for his phone. "How long do we have to sit here?" She asks Stiles leaning over to him. Stiles shrugs as they both go back to watching Scott.

Max and Stiles both watch Scott as he runs across his room, "It's not here." Max tells Scott sitting up. "Okay so you lost your phone, why don't you just get a new one?"

"I can't afford a new one. And I can't do this alone, we need to find Derek."

"Well, 'A', you're not alone." Both of them yell at Scott, "And 'B', didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? Sounds pretty dead." Max hits Stiles' chest as she closes her eyes. "Stop it." She mumbles to him.

"Argent's plan was to use him to get the Alpha-"

"They're not going to kill him." Max rolls her eyes, "Easier way to talk Scott. Straight to the point."

"All right, just let them do what they are planning, you know? They use Derek to get Peter - problem solved." Max points at Stiles, "That's the first smart thing you ever said. Like ever." Scott glares at both his friends, "Not if Peter is going after Allison to find Derek! I can't protect her on my own. Which means we either find Derek first - just help me!"

"What if you lost it when we were fighting. Do you remember how he tried to kill you after you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson. Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?" Stiles states as he watches Scott.

"He wasn't going to kill anyone. And I'm not letting him die." Scott says, "Could you at least think about letting him die?" Max laughs as Stiles whines. "Scott?" She asks as the teen wolf gets quiet. "What is it?"

"My mom just got home from work." Scott gets quiet listening to his mom leave a voicemail for Peter. "What's she doing?" Max asks him, quietly. "Crying." Max sighs as she looks over to Stiles both friends turn to Scott with a sorry look on their faces.

🐺

Max yelps as she feels someone grab her and pull her behind a wall. She goes to scream louder as a hand covers her mouth but instead glares at the person or people stanidng in front of her. "Stiles!" She yells under hsi hand. She pulls his hand away from her face as she stares down at his hand and back at him.

"What the hell?" She mutters to him. "Now, don't get mad." Stiles tells her, "It was the only way for you to actually meet us."

"Meet you?" Max asks, "All I needed was a text!"

"Guys," Scott says stepping between them, "It's happening." Max furrows her brows as she joins the boys watching from around the corner to see Jackson talking to Allison. "Why are they talking?" Max asks them, "What did you two do?"

"I needed Jackson to take Allison to formal since your dad said I couldn't go." Scott told her shrugging. "Hey don't worry we'll still be there." Stiles says to Scott. "I'm still going." Scott says as Jackson walks away with Allison. "Do you even have a date?" Stiles asks Scott, "Not yet."