Raving

"Oh, what the hell is this?" Stilinski asks after taking the bite of his burger

"Oh, what the hell is this?" Stilinski asks after taking the bite of his burger. Max chuckles giving Stiles a knowing look as the two teens join him for dinner. "Veggie burger." Stiles answers as he shushes his girlfriend.

"Stiles, I asked for a hamburger."

"Well, veggie is healthier. We're being healthy." Stiles points out handing Max her salad. Basically, giving the older Stilinski a sorry look, she watches with a careful eye as the sheriff opens up a carton filled with celery and carrots instead of fries.

"Oh, hey, why are you trying to ruin my life?" Max watches from the sidelines as the son and father banter about the food options. Stiles looks over to his girlfriend as she hides behind a tiny smile covered by the straw of her drink.

Max, noticing the look Stiles was giving her can't help but blush before she reaches her hand over, pinching his. Stilinski and Max both share a laugh as Stiles yelps in pain.

"Why don't you tell us what you found?" Stiles asks leaning back.

"No, I'm not sharing confidential police work with two teenagers." Max tilts her head, "So, it's not on the board right behind you?" Both Stilinski men look behind at the board as Stilinski turns around shaking his head, "Don't look at that."

Both teens nod as they let their eyes drift behind him. Max not being as obvious as Stiles as he sits up and extends his neck to look over his father. "Stiles!" Stilinski tells him as Max grabs his arm pulling him down.

"I just see arrows pointing at pictures." Max looks one more time to see what Stiles was talking about. She clearly wonders how does this man keep everything organized.

"Okay, stop fine. I found something." Both teens look up, "Mechanic and the couple who were murdered. They all had something in common."

"All three?" Stiles asks.

"Yeah. You know what I always say." Max sits up putting her drink down, "What is this famous Stilinski saying then?"

"One's an incident. Two's coincidence." Stilinski starts, "Three's pattern." Stiles finishes.

"The mechanic, the husband, the wife - all the same age. All twenty-four." The couple shares a questioning look, "What about Mr. Lahey?" Max asks Stilinski, "Isaac's dad wasn't anywhere near the age of twenty- four."

"Which made me thing that either 'a', Lahey's murder wasn't connected or 'b', the ages were a coincidence, until I found this," Stiles grabs a file from his dad causing Max to move closer to him, "which would be 'c'. Did you know that Isaac Lahey had an older brother named Camden?"

"Died in Combat?" Stiles whispers.

"But if he were alive today, take one guess on how old he'd be." Max looks over to Stiles taking a deep breath, "Twenty-four."

🦎

Max and Stiles stand in front of Stilinski's crime board with him as they look at the photos and the arrows. "I mean what if same age, means same class? Did you think of that?" Max raises her eyebrow as the man says with uncertainty yes.