Chaos Rising

"What?" Stiles asks Scott

"What?" Stiles asks Scott. "What, what do you mean, what?" Scott asks from behind Stiles and Max. "I mean 'what' and you know what."

"What, what?" Scott asks again. "That look you were giving." Stiles replies as he looks over to Max. "You gave a look." Stiles said and then glanced at Max, "And you are unusually quiet. What is going on with you two tonight?"

"What look?" Scott asks Stiles, "The look that says that the last thing you feel like doing right now is going to a party." Stiles says causing Max to scoff, "I haven't had the best luck with parties recently." She says causing both boys to glance up at her.

"First one we don't talk about and the second we found out my best friend was the Kanima and my evil ex was controlling him." Max says causing Stiles to sigh and throw his arm around her shoulders.

"It just seems weird going to a different high school's party." Scott said backing up Max. "What? Would you-" Stiles groans at his friends, "God, one drink, all right? You'll be fine. I went to nursery school with this girl, okay?" Stiles tells Scott and Max, "She promised to introduce us to all of her friends. So tonight, no Allison, no Lydia. Tonight we're moving on."

"You're right." Scott says. "That's right I'm right." Max chuckles at the two, "Alright fine, moving on." She says with them.

"Onward and upward." Stiles cheers with Scott. "Let's do this." Scott tries to pump himself up as Stiles lets go of Max to high five Scott. "I don't understand why I hang out with you two sometimes." Max says with a smile on her face. "Because you love us." Stiles says kissing her cheek.

"You sure you can handle this?" Scott asks Max as Stiles takes the lead walking in. "He wants to be here, so I want to be here." Max says slowly. "Tell that to your wings right now." Scott says pointing to the marks on Max's face lighting up.

"Shit." She whispers as she closes her eyes, "Stiles?" Max calls out causing the boy to turn back around, "Max? Sweetheart? Come on." Stiles calls out. "Stiles." Scott says causing Stiles to run over. "What's going on?" He asks them.

"I don't - "

"I love you." Max cuts Scott off. Stiles leans in kissing Max quickly as her wings go away, "I love you too and literally nothing is going to happen, okay? Just a quick hello and we will be on our way to Pops for some ice cream."

Max nods as she grabs Stiles' hand and the three walk through the doors. "Stiles." A girl calls out getting the group's attention, "Hey. There's the birthday gir-" The girl comes up and kisses Stiles on the mouth making Max let go of Stiles.

Stiles quickly pulls away as he glance back to Max and Scott, "Heather this is my friend Scott and my girlfriend Max."

"Does anyone smell smoke?" Someone calls out causing both boys to stare at Max. "Hey about let's get you a drink? Stiles?" Scott asks as they both grab Max's arms and drag her to the kitchen. "Nice meeting you Heather!" Scott screams back at her.