Co-Captain

Max quietly walks into the Sheriff's station with a bag of lunch for her mom

Max quietly walks into the Sheriff's station with a bag of lunch for her mom. She stops quickly as she spots her mom and Stiles' dad talking together and her mind starts to race.

The list is endless on what those two could be saying. It could actually be there work, it could be about her, about Stiles, about both of them and that terrifies her. She waits til he leaves her office till she walks over.

"You're favorite daughter is here." Max says holding up a bag of Chinese food in front of her mom's face. "You're my only daughter." Amy calls back to her as she looks up from her office.

"But I"m your favorite because I brought you lunch." Max tells her as she takes a seat at her mom's desk. "Well, thank you Max." Amy says to her as she closes her computer, "Though I feel like this visit might have a reason. No sixteen year old girl just comes to the Sheriff's station."

Max shrugs as she gives her mom a smile. "I can't just visit my wonderful mother?" Amy glares at her as she pulls out her food, "Maxine." Max groans at the use of her full name.

"You know formal is coming up," Max says slowly, "And you and dad both said that if I kept my grades up and stayed out of a lot of trouble you would buy my dress." Amy raises her eyebrows with a laugh. "We can go shopping closer to the dance."

"What were you and the Sheriff talking about?" Max asks going off topic. "None of your business." Her mom says to her, "Just work things and parent things."

"It wasn't-"

"No." Amy quickly says, "Told you honey, that chapter is over and done with and just very few of us know."

Max nods as she leans back in her seat and enjoy the moment of silence. But that was quickly disturbed when the office door flew open. "Max, there you are." Stiles says out of breath, "Mrs. Finstock, always nice to see you."

Amy smiles at the boy as she looks between the two teens. "Same to you Stiles. Now what do you need from my daughter?" Stiles nods as he looks over at Max, "I'm picking her up. Scott's in the car. We need to go, like right now."

Before Max can question him, Stiles grabs her hand and pulls her away. "Wait, I was supposed to go with Allison and Lydia to the mall." She tells Stiles, "Stilinski."

"Okay Finstock, make your choice. Would you rather go shopping or save your actual best friend from a werewolf hunter?" Stiles asks her, "Besides you're not the shopping type. That's more Lydia."

"And you would know plenty about that wouldn't you?" Max asks him causing Stiles to smirk, "Well you know, I've gotten to know more about her since this one girl decided that we would be perfect for each other. I just want to prove her right."

Max huffs as she walks out of the station, "Well, are we going or not?"

🐺