Fireflies

"Max!"

"Max!"

"I got him!" Max screams as she rushes in between two kids and Boyd. She glows her eyes at him, almost threatening him. Behind Max a shadow rises as a figure of Phoenix starts to rise, "Max!" Scott screams at her.

Max turns around to him as she spots Scott holding the kids behind her. She lets the fire die down causing her to sigh. She quickly turns back around to see Boyd now gone, "God Dammit!" She screams picking up the phone.

"You lost them?"

"Yeah, I kind of had to..." Max trails off to Derek. "Wasn't exactly the plan..." He mutters on the phone. "I know, which is why we think that we should stick together. Trust me-- he's too strong, too fast, and way too angry for one person to handle. We've got to do this together." She tells him quickly.

"Look, I'm at the trails by the entrance to the preserve. Can you meet me here?"

Max glances back as she makes eye contact with Scott, "Yeah... We just got to drop something off first..."

It was a little while later when Max, Scott and Derek all come to a stop when they spot a footprint on the dirt. "Is it them?" Max asks the alpha. "We're not the only ones that decided to stick together." Max sighs at Derek's words as she glances back at Scott.

"Is that gonna make it easier or harder to catch them?" Scott asks. "I don't know." Derek responds. Max helps Scott up before running a hand through her hair, "Derek, we say Boyd try to rip two little kids apart. Are they gonna do that to everyone we find?" She asks.

"Everyone and anyone."

Max and Scott watch as Derek walks in between them and away from them. "Boyd, Boyd I like. Mini Hale? Not so much." Max mutters. "Max." Scott groans causing the girl to shrug. "What? I'm trying to be honest." She mutters as Scott follows Derek. "Blame Stiles! He made me soft!"

🌕

Max quickly ran alongside Isaac as they both approached Cora. Max narrows her eyes at Cora Hale as she takes a step towards her and the werewolf growls. Isaac makes the first move as he approaches Cora only to be flung into a tree behind both of them, landing on the ground. Max runs up to her as she tackles the girl down.

Cora quickly flings the Phoenix off of her as Max lands next to Isaac. She looks up to see Scott knock Cora down, now the girl is surrounded by wolves.

Derek quickly snarls at his sister before chasing her off leaving the three teens alone. Isaac quickly chasing after them leaving Scott and Max alone. Max in anger, screams causing her wings to show. She glances up to see a woman they just from Cora staring at them.

"Scott. We have a problem," She calls out as her wings disappear. Max and Scott slowly approach her as she backs up from them "You need to get out of here, okay?" Scott tell hers. "Get out of the woods." Scott says it urgently. Max reaches out grabbing Scott's arm, "We gotta go."