Frenemy

Max Finstock really loved her boyfriend's Jeep

Max Finstock really loved her boyfriend's Jeep. She loved that it held a lot of meaning to him and she loved that he always wanted to drive her anywhere she wanted to go. She loved that she realized what fireworks felt like in his passenger seat. She loved that it was a backbone for many of their conversations.

There was only two reasons she hated her boyfriend's Jeep. One, she hated that Scott, even though very rarely, made her sit in the back. Two, she hated watching it drive away.

She especially hated watching it drive away with Scott in the passenger seat as they chased the Kanima.

Maybe that's why she was quiet the whole drive back to Lydia's house with Allison and Lydia. At least that was her reason for being quiet considering her boyfriend and Scott drove after her best friend who is the Kanima but she can't explain the other girls reasons.

"I need you to promise that you won't say anything about what just happened." Allison tells Lydia as soon as they arrive. "I'll promise not to say anything about what just happened if you can tell me what the hell just happened."

"Lydia-"

"It's kinda complicated."

Lydia scoffs as she looks between her two best friends, "Why don't you start with why was Derek there? Or where Jackson went, or what is wrong with Erica?" Allison and Max share a look before Allison looks away with tears forming in her eyes.

"Do you need a minute to come up with a plausible lie?" Lydia spats out. "Lydia please," Max begs but Lydia just glares at her. "No Max. What is going on with you? Did something happen again? Is it with Stiles?"

"Part of the reason why I'm asking is because Scott and I aren't supposed to be seeing each other, okay?" Allison distracts Lydia from Max, "So it's better if you just keep what you know to yourself."

"Fine." Max heads snaps up as a relieved sigh leaves her mouth, "I'll keep what I know about you and your boyfriend - which is nothing - to myself." Lydia starts to open the door as Allison grabs her, "Hey. He's not just my boyfriend. You get that, right?"

"Let me go."

"Just for one second, just try to remember."

"Remember what?"

"Remember what it feels like. All of those times in school when you see him standing down the hall, and you cannot breathe until you're with him. Or those times in class when you - you can't stop looking at the clock because you know that he's standing right out there waiting for you. Don't you remember what that's like?" Allison pleads with Lydia.

"No." Lydia softly says, "What do you mean no? You've had boyfriends." Allison looks back to Max to see if the girl can't help but she sees her looking away from Allison, "None like that." Lydia storms out of the car.

Max remains quiet as she climbs to the front seat of the car. "How did you know?" Max asks Allison, "How did you know that you loved Scott?" Allison smiles as she chuckles, "I think you just know."