Her story to tell📓(Nicky)

3rd person POV
It was Thanksgiving,the family of the Harper's are all invited to attend.

Chrissy and Eddie are playing at the front porch while all of a sudden they saw their grandparents, Nicky and Y/n,then they hurriedly greeted them.

"Chrissy-pie, Eddie-bear,we miss you so much!". Y/n said while engulfing her grandchildren.

"We miss you too,the both of you.". Eddie said while helping his grandpa seat on his chair.

"Grandma,can you tell us a story,a story you never told us before.". Chrissy said out of the blue to her grandma.

"Well,i can't,you two need to go to sleep.". Y/n said insisting the girl with sparkly eyes, while Chrissy was pleading to her.

"Awww, please grandma,just this time.". Chrissy whined at her grandma with puppy eyes.

"Come on dear,just this time,tell them the story.". Nicky said while holding her hand and looked at her eyes, with his reassuring smile on his face.

Y/n sighed and smiled to her grandchildren and once again looked at Nicky holding his hand.

The kids scooted and listened to their grandma to tell such story.

Chrissy's POV
I looked at my grandparents so happily looking each other in the eyes,before my grandma gonna tell a story she haven't told us before.

She said...

-80 years ago(Flashback)

"I was seven and you were nine
I looked at you like the stars that shined
In the sky, the pretty lights"

Y/n's POV
It was the 4th of July and the Harper family invited me and my parents to attend the occasion on their house to celebrate.

I have a little crush on Nicky Harper he's only 9 while i was 7 years old.

Me and Nicky are on the grass, seating on the blanket, ready to see the pretty lights while his 3 siblings are running around playing tag.

While our parents are doing some snacks for everyone who wants to eat.

"And our daddies used to joke about the two of us
Growing up and falling in love and our mamas smiled
And rolled their eyes and said oh my my my..."

"You know y/f/n,i think my son and your daughter will grow up falling in love to each other.". Tom said Nicky's dad, while flipping the burger patties at the griller.

"I really hope that very day would come,Tom.". Dad said to Tom while mixing some vegetable salad on the table

My Mom and Anne,Nicky's mom are at the bench pretending to talk,but all they do was to stare at me and Nicky teasingly.

While my mom was looking away Anne pokes her side continuously like a fan girl with a squeal.

"Y/m/n,look they're holding hands!". Anne said shaking my mom aggressively while my mom turned her head towards us.

"Oh my my my...". Y/m/n said while looking at Anne with squealing like crazy.

"They're holding hands!!!". They both said in unison with big great smiles on their faces.

"Take me back to the house in the backyard tree
Said you'd beat me up, you were bigger than me
You never did, you never did"

Again Nicky invited me to have a picnic with his siblings on their backyard together under the tree with a swing hanging on it.

"Race you to the tree!." I said to Nicky while i pushed him and eventually run to the tree while his siblings are behind us.