Mujhse Dosti Karogi

Rohan Chopra whistled looking at his sister as she descended down the stairs in a midnight blue one shoulder strap long flowy gown highlighting her slender neck. Her hair was tied up and a few unruly strands of hair falling on either sides of her face made her look like a diva.

She groaned looking at his expression and took her seat on the sofa opposite to him holding on to her clutch that she paired with her dress

"Ahem ! Iraada kya hai behna" Rohan asked and winked at her.

"I wouldn't hesitate a second to throw these heels at you" saying she glared at him.

"Too bad. Wait for all the uncle and aunties to crowd around mumma and papa today" he irritated her further.

"Stop irritating her Rohan" Gautam Chopra spoke at once and hugged his daughter by her shoulders and slumped on the seat next to her waiting for his wife.

"Papa, really ?" Rohan asked lifting his eyebrows.

"Well not really. The guys will rather approach her directly" Gautam Chopra said and shared a hifi with his son.

She punched her father on his arm and slapped her forehead for being pulled to some 60th birthday party.

"Let's go ! We are running late" Preethi Chopra exclaimed and the family of 4 headed out for the party after giving instructions to their house help.

Their car pulled in front of Taj Mahal Palace and after passing the keys to the valet they entered the party venue only to be greeted by the hosts and the paparazzi kept clicking photos for their own gossip column.

She literally whizzed past all the paparazzi and greeted the couple as a mark of respect and made her way. She hoped to catch some fresh air and touch base with her friends if anyone had showed up that is. She wasn't a party animal but she did not mind attending these high society parties once in a while. Recently, they have been only about all the gossiping aunties who were very involved in hooking her up with any eligible bachelor they could think about. She did not want this party to be one such evening. Only if she knew what was in store for her.

"Its been so long Gautam" Anand Nanda exclaimed and hugged his dear friend.

"Wish you a very happy birthday Anand! Stay healthy" Gautam Chopra wished him.

"I don't see your daughter around. I did spot Rohan though. He looks fine !"

"Oh she must be away from all the gossip mongers. Still does not want to get hitched. I wonder what's running in their mind" Replied Gautam and laughed heartily thinking about what happened back home before they could leave.

"Avi, come here" Anand called for his younger son and introduced him to Gautam Chopra.

"Remember him ? He did everything he could do to keep your dadu alive but then" Anand continued and blinked the tears that clouded his eyes upon remembering his father on his birthday.

They shared their pleasantries and Avinash excused himself in the pretence of coordinating things. They had a lot of help and event managers, still he couldn't bring himself to watch any glitch unfold itself all of a sudden. He was a man of perfection and when it came to his family, he wouldn't mind sweating himself only to see them happy.

Purnima and Preethi too were chatting with other women who were more interested in enquiring about their sons and daughter and the kind of prospects they were looking at, given they were all at marriageable age and not to mention they looked fine.

"Oh my god, is that you ?" Shraddha shouted at her dear friend who was showing her back to her.

"Shrads ! Twinnie" Aadhya yelled looking at her best friend whom she had lost contact with in more than 10 years.