Mera mann - 1

She woke up to the sound of her alarm and groaned. She had forgotten to switch off her alarm before going to bed and now she was up at 5:30am. She tossed and turned but sleep had disowned her.

Her screen flashed one whatsapp notification from Avinash Nanda.

Pick you up at 6pm ?

And she saw what time the message was sent. So he really was back. They had not messaged one another after that day and today his message made her nervous. She had kind of forgotten about meeting him today. Lucky, she had no appointments for the day. She thought about where he would probably be taking her.  Her thoughts were running haywire and the more she stared at the message the more nervous she got. She quickly typed "ok" and pressed the send button.

She loved her morning runs but saturday is usually the day she slacked. Now that she was up, and she was brooding about the evening, she might as well make good out of the morning she decided. she went about doing her regular morning routine and headed out for her run.

He had set everything in order and now all he had to do was get ready. He heard a soft knock on the door and found his brother and his wife standing with a teasing smile plastered on their face.

"It's Saturday almost tea time, how about you both get lost somewhere or better weren't you so frustrated the other day ?" Avinash asked them

"Dude, you need us" Akhil said as a matter of fact and Shraddha was still red from Avinash's question.

"You need details about Aadhya and only my wife can give you that" Akhil said proudly.

"I need none. I have gotten all that I need for today from the person in picture" Avinash replied and smirked.

"You're whipped brother. Like look at you, you are blushing and Avinash Nanda is doing things himself without having Kartik involved" Akhil said surprised.

"Ok sit I need to talk to you both" he said rubbing his hands.

"I am not comparing here but both of them are like 2 parallel lines. She is making me do things here and I have hardly talked to her. She has made that much obvious." Avinash said dreamily and ran his hand through his hair.

"Why is Shriya even being mentioned" Shraddha asked irked.

"I really hope that bitch doesn't come doing things" Akhil said irritated.

"Listen up you both, Shriya will never be in picture and even if she does, I am sure if things go well between myself and Aadhya then Shriya might need help here" Avinash bit his tongue for what he had done.

"When are you both getting married ?" Akhil asked laughing .

"Look at you Avinash. Should I tell mama ?" Shraddha teased.

"Get a room you both and make those babies" Avinash replied and had the urge to throw the two of them out of his room because he was surprised himself.

Akhil knew it was time to walk out of the room. He signalled Shraddha to leave him alone and they walked out. Avinash was scared to show his inner self to anybody. It made him vulnerable. According to Avinash, it was this reason that was responsible for whatever that happened in his life . So he guarded himself even in front of his family. He could even give their life for them but expressing himself wasn't going to happen. It made him vulnerable, it made him a puppet. He learnt the lesson not once but twice. One the hard way and the other , well he knew she would use him. Who doesn't want to be associated with the Nanda brothers.

Avinash sat on the bed defeated. She was making him vulnerable. He had only seen people using this against him and now she. But he had hardly spent time with her. She was innocent but she knew the ground she wanted to stand upon. She was fragile but she could hold her fort through the roughest of storms. He knew he lost a piece of his heart to her already. That was too quick but the damage was done. Her innocence knocked him out of his socks. Now that the damage was done he was waiting for the impending disaster but only if he knew 3 was his lucky number.