Ishq bulava - 1

He had to attend the freaking party in spite of his sour mood. Both his mother and grandmother refuted his pleas outright. He took out the navy blue kurta which was lying on the top. He paired it with a white pyjama and walked down only to find his family decked up. His family surely had the knack of showing off during weird circumstances otherwise they were perfectly normal people. He still did not understand why they were being stuck to attending a holi party as a family. how much he wanted to run to his dad's personal bar station and fix a hard drink or two for himself ? He really hoped that the party had alcohol and he needed that today. The aftermath could be dealt with. His hands itched to pick up his phone and blast her. She had completely ruined his Friday night high. He had felt euphoric. Was she bipolar he wondered ?

"Hurry up puttar (hurry up son) ?" His Dadi (grandmother) yelled.

He walked angrily to the car and started the engine and waited for his grandmother. She walked with an evil smile on her face.

"Dadi, we aren't going to talk about anyone in particular" he said the minute she sat in his so dynamically.

"Mein kahaan kuch poochne wali hun (I am not going to ask anything)" she said dramatically and made an action as if her lips are sealed.

"Waise Aadhya kaisi hai (anyways, how's Aadhya) ?" She asked winking at him.

He cringed. She wasn't going to shut up. Especially when it came to him, she had her own twisted ways.

"She should be fine" he replied unaffected and focussed on the road ahead.

She rummaged through her silk drawstring bag and pulled out a ring. It wasn't any ordinary ring. It had small diamonds encrusted all around the centre emerald stone. He still remembered the fact that the ring was worn by her.

"Why are you showing me your ring ?" He asked remembering late yashvardhan Nanda, his grandfather.

"It always belonged to your wife" she spoke admiring the ring.

"Why not Akhil ?" He asked.

"He is not Avinash" she said and slapped his arm.

He did not want to encourage her in to any other conversation. He turned on the music system and it was her favourite playlist. Now he knew he was safe till their destination and he wouldn't be probed any further.

"Fuck" he cursed mentally. He never realised the route and now it hit him. They were going to her home for the party. No wonder his granny was so chirpy. They had clearly tricked him. He was simply asked to follow and like an idiot he did, because of his sour mood.

He parked his car and entered the place taking his own sweet time feeling weird jitters in his chest. The place was decorated beautifully. Everything was setup for holika dahan. He did not want to see her anytime soon. If he did, he might loose his control and blast her he knew.

"Hi Avinash" Rohit greeted him cheerfully.

"Hi Rohit" the reply was rather somber compared to Rohit's mood.

His eyes fell on her from afar. She was dressed to kill. Her hair let down loose all resting on one side of her shoulder. She was wearing another dark color dress. This time around it was a deep purple. The plunging neckline and the dupatta hugging her neck. He suddenly found her walking towards him.

She had waited for the evening so impatiently. She had met everyone from his house except him. Just when she was thinking where could he be, her eyes spotted him. He was looking at her. She kept wandering around the place for 10 minutes and still she felt ignored. Though he looked at her, there was nothing more from his side. She felt irritated. She stormed towards him to strike a conversation with him. But she wasn't lucky. She was probably a few meters away from him, he took the chance to converse with some other friend of his at the party. She hovered around him still keeping a distance hoping he got the hint. But who was she kidding. He was adamant on treating her like an alien. To make things worse, some lady in the party whom she was introduced to earlier as Anita was throwing herself at him. The guy made no move to stop her. Calling him handsome would be an understatement. For the first time, she saw him wearing a kurta pyjama and she was floored. She needed to talk to him after whatever happened during lunch. She had behaved like an idiot. She thought standing in front of him dressed would be enough to cajole him but oh boy, who was she kidding. Nothing could move him towards her. Just when she was making up her mind to go and talk to him, they were called for the prayers.

She had the chance to stand next to him at last. How much she waited for this. He still had not turned her side courtesy, a size zero woman who was literally sticking to him. She had glared at Rohit who smirked at her in return. He was enjoying her plight. She looked at Shraddha, but she was busy flirting with her husband. The one person that mattered to her that entire evening was busy or appeared to be so.

The bonfire was lit and everybody prayed for their well being. Just when they started to move around the fire, she caught hold of his hand making sure no one saw them and pulled him along with her. He resisted initially and gave up seeing her resolve to drag him. She dragged him through the dark corridor and stopped at the other side of the house which was less quiet with people around.

"Hi Avinash" she said so shyly. Gone was the Aadhya who dragged him.

"What nonsense is this" he yelled.

"Shush. Don't shout. I don't want anyone coming our way" she pleaded.

"So smart. But knowing both of us are missing they will celebrate holi already" he spat.

"Sarcasm" she said irritated.

He huffed and felt it wasn't necessary to reply.

"We need to talk" she said staring at her hands hoping he would calm down.

"Oh I thought we are dancing now" he replied again sarcastically.

"Stop behaving like a kid" she chided him.

"Look who is talking about behaving like a kid" he replied loosing all his calm. "You know what, just stay here and talk all you want. I am leaving from this place now. I am done with this crap" he yelled and turned on his heels to leave.

She grabbed his hand instantly and pulled him with all her might. He stumbled against a stone and crashed with her. She breathed heavily feeling him collide against her. She smelled the very familiar fragrance and lost herself in his eyes. He was a mess the minute he crashed against her soft heaving chest. The neckline did no good either. Her chest was moving up and down rhythmically against his body. As if to balance them both from falling he had already wrapped his hands around her waist. Their breath was fanning each other's face. That's when he noticed, she was wearing a sleeveless. Her velvet like bare hands creating havoc in his head and her hair smelled like roses. He lifted his hand and tucked some strands of her hair behind her ear. She closed her eyes feeling his hands work so sensually against her ear. For a moment, she forgot everything around them, she forgot why she dragged him to this secluded place, she forgot what she wanted to talk. All she did was stare in to his dark brown eyes which were turning dark with passion. She lowered her eyes to keep them away from his unwavering attention. He lifted her chin and made him look at her. He ran his fingers over her glossy lips and stopped at the corner of her lips. She gently parted her lips feeling the warmth of his thumb. This time he made no attempt to keep her eyes open, when her eyes closed as if in anticipation. His eyes stared at her plump lips. The desire to kiss her lips grew very strong. Her legs shivered at their close proximity and she pushed herself further towards him as if plastering herself to him.

To be continued ~

How many of you liked this chapter ? If you did please press the like icon and leave a comment if possible. Thank you very much.