Koi daam lagaaye

"You have pretty lips" and she felt a finger run along the length of her small lips. She clutched the sides of her skirt to keep the uneasiness at bay. She had managed to escape from him upon hearing her name being called. Tears threatened to spill from her eyes but she had no one to complain to. She rubbed her lips with the back of her palms as if that would erase the memories of those fat fingers on her lips. She felt her body shaking and her name being called out. Her eyes flew wide open and came in contact with a pair of eyes very similar to hers but those eyes held affection and unwavering support for her.

"Daddy" she hugged him and cried.

"The same dream ?" He asked and caressed her messy hair.

She nodded her head against his chest and shut her eyes chest.

"You know you have come a long way right ?" He asked tearing him from her fragile form.

"It still doesn't leave me. Time to time those memories torment me. I shudder to think, what would have happened to me had you not seen me then ?" She spoke thinking about that horrific evening.

"Shhh" he hugged her again and rubbed her back. She was breathing heavily. He let her to sit by herself and fetched a glass of water for her.

"Drink this and wash your face" he ordered.

She did as instructed. She had no energy to argue or even say anything. These memories leave her exhausted and today was no different. Even taking a step towards the bathroom felt impossible but she dragged herself knowing her father wouldn't leave her otherwise.

"A certain lady seems to have Avinash Nanda wrapped around her finger"

"Avinash found in a compromising position with a mystery lady"

Kartik was standing before his boss as he read the headlines in the entertainment column of a reputed newspaper. Lucky, his sister caught the news and he brought it to Avinash's notice.

"Good job Kartik" he said still reading the news column furiously.

His cabin door flew open and the other two Nandas joined him.

"I thought it was a close door party papa" Akhil asked staring at the news that was now lying on the table.

"It was Akhil" he said thinking about the news himself.

"Round up those who worked that day and let's run through the guest list. The person should come forward eventually" Avinash said crushing the newspaper in his hands.

"I will talk to Gautam meanwhile" Anand said.

"I have to let Aadhya know" Avinash said aloud.

"What if it's related to all other incidents ?" Akhil asked.

"It could be and if it did I am not sparing them this time. Also knowingly, they have involved Aadhya in the mess. They will pay for it" Avinash almost yelled.

"You both need to calm down" Anand said hoping his sons don't go hunting the suspects down.

"Calm down ?" Akhil scoffed.

The two of them left leaving a worried Anand. This time he needed to talk to his wife. If there was one person who could calm these two men down, it was her.

Avinash knocked Chopra's main door and waited for them to open the door. She wasn't at the hospital today and this piece of information surprised him. Rohit and Gautam were aware of the news. They knew how media worked but Aadhya disliked media. Both of them had warned him to be careful when he was to share the news with her. He wondered why she had so much of a dislike for media. Something felt amiss to him suddenly.