Tere har ek ang ko sulgaa doon

Hello lovely readers,

Here to post after a long hiatus. I have indeed posted the next chapter but not sure what to expect. The story is almost wrapping up. Hope you all enjoy this one. Do leave your comments :) Thank you !

P.S: Not proofread

                           ******************
The wedding week had arrived and she was a mess. All their work and appointments had to be given importance thus they were deprived of meeting one another. They did meet but that was with the wedding planner along with their families or with the dress designer. They did steal a few moments here and there but nothing significant. She still remembered him coaxing the designer to keep their dress trials at the studio but the mothers wanted to be there. He had thrown a fit saying he did not want to try anything and he would wear anything that he felt like but he clearly had to zip up his mouth in front of his mother and grandmother. If that wasn't enough, Aadhya was more than glad to have their dress trials at home only because she did not want him to see her wedding trousseau and so her outfit trials had a different schedule and she had to suit her professional appointments with his trials because he was adamant that she was present.

The wedding was finalised at Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur. It was a destination winter wedding. Only guests with invites were allowed and the whole event was privatised. There was a whole deal of things that were to be taken care off but a certain deal had the groom to delay his arrival in Udaipur by a couple of days. His travel to Udaipur was of course synchronised with hers but god bless his staff that his accurate planning had popped like a bubble. She had missed him inside the aircraft. This were the few hours they had banked upon to spend with one another before they were husband and wife but destiny had other plans.

The afternoon was pleasant and the breeze along the lake side called for a contemporary setup. Be it the colourful rajasthani umbrellas or the organza drapes, everything screamed of perfection and grandeur for the perfect Mehendi they had envisioned during their discussion with the wedding planner. The guests were left speechless with the hospitality and the grandeur of the first function.

Aadhya was a sight to behold for her Mehendi function. She was dressed in a pistachio green lehenga with zari, beads and sequins embroidery. She paired her lehenga with a gorgeous jadau necklace studded with uncut diamonds, strawberry quartz and light emerald green beryls along with a similar pair of earrings.

Avinash had kept it real simple. He had let go off his three piece suits and his sherwanis. He instead wore a fine poplin cotton embroidery kurta churidar in white. He wanted to compliment her in every way. But the groom was annoyed. He had landed in Udaipur only this morning and it had been a week since he even laid his eyes on her. They had talked and even video called but he missed seeing her in person.

Today was their Mehendi and from what he learned about her she loved henna  and that meant she was going to be busy but he needed to see her alone. His brother was fawning over his wife and he could probably forgive him this time because she was pregnant. But his brother in law was another story. And Aadhya wouldn't bat an eye towards him. That left him with his PA and his few friends whom he hadn't introduced her to because their life was too happening.

The soft music in the background helped to pump the energy of the guests. The guests were busy meeting their friends but that was after they met the groom and the bride. Then the chance came, the photographer requested the groom to come near the bride for a picture with the mothers. That was the first time he got the chance to see her without anyone blocking her face or any part of her for that matter. She looked perfect. The henna artist was working her way on her hands and her eyes twinkled the moment they met with his.

She had seen him entering the venue in white but never expected him to look this charming. He was of course good looking but whatever he was wearing made him so delectable. She had missed him dearly in us these last few weeks and she was testing his patience only because she wanted to surprise him with her dresses. But otherwise their work was demanding. She equally wanted to travel with him to Udaipur but that was gone. He had come in the morning but they were bombarded by relatives and friends to even sneak in a few minutes for themselves. When the photographer called for him, her nervousness increased. She saw him walking her way and his eyes were trained on her already. She was flanked on either sides by their mothers and she probably couldn't even shuffle in her seat. Worse the henna lady was asking her to keep still. He had come right behind her and placed both his hands around both the mothers and rested his chin on her shoulder. No hello , no appreciation nothing. How much ever she wanted to resist she could never resist him. Not now or not on the day they first met. With her free hand, she palmed his cheek and tilted her head against his. Just when the camera shutters clicked, he kissed her cheeks.