Tere honthon pe hain husn ki bijliyaan

If she wasn't your typical lady then he wasn't your typical man. It's been a week since their argument. Engagement preparations were underway but the couple were far from talking with one another. They had behaved courteously when they had come together at his place for selecting their engagement dress but nothing more than that. The designer had come down with fabrics, buttons, threads, stones and what not. They were going with the theme "bold and beautiful".

The day at his place was surprisingly pleasant. She had expected his mother and grandmother to scowl at her or worse taunt her but they had only behaved well making her feel all the more guilty. Even her mother was upset with her behaviour.

Couple of days ago :

"I want you here after you freshen up yourself" Preeti told her daughter, Aadhya strictly as soon as she entered after a long day at work.

Her mother gave her no chance to speak. She could do nothing but obey her as told. She announced her presence after a good relaxed shower knowing something not so nice was coming her way. Her mother put away the magazine she was reading and scanned her daughter head to toe.

"It's been 3 whole days and I see you haven't done anything to talk to him" her mother stated. She never went around in circles when it came down to reprimanding her children and today was no different.

"It's nothing like that. But wait how do you know ?" She mumbled the first few words but raised her voice towards the end.

"He did not talk to any of us. He is being a gentleman" her mother said.

Aadhya sniggered hearing the word gentleman from her mother's mouth for him.

"He is anything but that" she said angrily.

"Agreed he did hold your wrist that way but you had no business talking all the nonsense you did" Preeti shot back. "Has he asked you to cancel any appointments? Did he ask you to take a step back from your duties ? Or did anyone from his side even do any of that ?" She continued to ask.

She could only stay mum to the questions because truth be told she had not taken a day off for him.

"Well you better tell him you were sorry and this outburst is because you were pmsing then you let him know that. Either way you have to and coming to him, Purnima sure knows what to do" her mother said and walked away. Aadhya continued to look at her mother as she slowly disappeared in to the kitchen. She always wondered why her mother had to be so logical. She went back to her room for some time with herself to think about that evening.

Back to present :

She was at their place today upon her mother's insistence. Today they were to select some jewellery. Maybe the engagement ring she thought. Shraddha had also taken the day off. She made no attempts to rectify their long last friendship either. Shraddha too had stopped taking any steps further. Suddenly, all she had to do was apologise to everybody. Mistakes were piling up and she made no effort to rectify them. Shraddha was back to being her usual self with her mother and if she wasn't wrong, he was somewhere around too. She had seen his car parked but wasn't too sure because he simply did not drive the same car all the time.

"Mama, can you give me about 30 minutes I have a small call to attend. Then we can head to the jewellery shop ?" Shraddha had asked politely and walked away leaving her with the mothers and grandmother. She made some stupid excuse and made her way to Shraddha's room. She hoped to ask one of the house help to get her to the right room.

She had seen Shraddha climb stairs and she climbed the stairs and now she stood there on top thinking which one was the room she vanished into.

"Didi, May I know which one is Shraddha's room ?" She asked one of the help she spotted just then.