Pehli Baar

An hour passed by and the party had picked up speed and color. The guests had settled in well and the cake had been cut.

Avinash Nanda stood from a far and felt satisfied that the evening was a success. He walked towards the bar counter and sat on one of the high stools after ordering a drink. Meanwhile, he made a quick call to his PA and instructed him to get rid of the media. The media had enough to keep them occupied for a week or two and a few more minutes means they were going to only earn TRP for all the baseless rumours they would cook when they publish.

He took a sip of the cold drink and felt the liquid trickle down his throat leaving a burning sensation behind. He was usually a social drinker and was never in to drinking on a regular basis because of the aftermath. No painkillers helped him the next day. It took more than a day to settle and he hated that irritating feeling. Today he felt like having one and fully aware that he would have to deal with the consequences tomorrow. He hoped to sleep it out tomorrow as this week had kept him busy and had worn him out thoroughly. After getting a satisfied answer from his PA, he felt himself relaxing further and his eyes once again landed on the pretty lady dressed in blue.

The first time when he saw her this evening, he wanted to shut her up for talking that way but a part of him stopped him from jumping the gun then. Later, his brother narrated the story and he was relieved that he did no such thing. He couldn't peel his eyes off her. One side of her shoulder was visible, exposing her collar bone and that fair skin appearing golden under lights. Oh my ! The way her dress hugged her body so perfectly, highlighting those curves just nice at the right places. He couldn't bring himself to describe her jet black hair that she had tied up. Oh had it been in his hands, he would love to remove that hair tie and watch those tresses falling down neatly and rest on her exposed shoulder.

"Shut up, Avinash" he mentally berated himself and took a sip of the drink in his hands.

As if feeling someone's stare on her for long, Aadhya looked up from the conversation she was busy in and locked her eyes with the guy whom she had a very brief encounter sometime back. Momentarily, all the tiny hair stood up in shock like she had some goosebumps. His sharp unwavering gaze. Those neatly shaped jaws and not to mention his beard that was well trimmed only to make it look like a stubble. The guy whom she was staring at possessed a certain aura around him. It was like he commanded respect wherever he went. Uff, that well toned chest. His shirt straining against his body. She could clearly see that through the evening suit he was wearing, Feeling embarrassed, she adjusted her hair and tucked some of the loose hair behind her ears and lowered her gaze from his piercing ones.

"Avinash Nanda hai woh. My brother in law. Single hai !" Shraddha bit her ear with the least piece of information she wanted at the moment.

"Ugh, I was better off without you" Aadhya groaned making her laugh loudly.

From another corner, Purnima was socialising with her friends but something else had caught her eyes. It was of course her younger son's unwavering attention on a certain woman. The men of her house had taste and when it came to her youngest, it always screamed class and delicate. He was making no mistake this time either. She was excited that someone managed to have her son's attention without making much effort. Her eyes landed on the beautiful girl and she was more than happy with the choice. She waited for either of them to take a step but who was she kidding. Aadhya was reserved and never openly mingled with those she wasn't familiar with. Her son wouldn't go hit on random woman. Well perfect she thought. But these two definitely needed that push and she just knew what to do. Also it was time he married. She was worried she might have to deal with a foreign daughter in law because of the endless trips her younger son undertook in the name of business development.

Purnima tapped her husband's arm to garner his attention and he had his focus on her at once.

"What do you know about Aadhya Chopra?" Purnima asked her husband keeping an eye on both of them.

"You mean Gautam's daughter ?" He confirmed first.

She nodded her head and looked at him impatiently waiting for an answer.

"Well she is also a doctor like the other 3 and specialises in paediatrics I think. And if you want the exact answer to your question, then yes she isn't seeing anyone and her parents eventually want her to settle down. If they find the right one of course"

"Gotcha ! Thanks Anand" and she beamed at him like she won a lottery.

"Mind sharing what's cooking in your head"

"Anand, I think it's time we invite the Chopras for lunch next weekend maybe ? Chopra's daughter  seems to have captured Avi's eye and vice versa. Just let them know our intention. We will talk to Avi as well. They would be perfect" she said dreamily.

"I am impressed Mrs. Nanda. If this works out then it will be like a good 60th birthday gift. Maa should also return from Bhatinda mid next week" Anand replied planning the next few steps. He would love to have that her as his daughter in law only if things were to go in tandem with their plans.

A few days later :

"Hello, Dr. Gautam Chopra here" he answered the call with his attention on some patient's records.

"Oh Anand. How are you all doing? Sorry, was caught up in going through some records. But yea I am free this weekend" he replied after realising who was on call the other side and relaxed in his seat.

"It really sounds nice to the ears . But they should like one another above all this. Trust me both myself n preethi would really feel at peace if this was to come through as we intend" he answered still reeling from shock.

"See you on Saturday then. Let me talk to Aadhya as well. Bye Anand. Take care" and he disconnected the call.

A small smile played on his lips. He wouldn't want anything else. He had heard so much about Avinash Nanda. A perfect gentleman, no silly business around and was a handsome man too. Well his daughter wasn't any less. But if the alliance were to happen then he wouldn't have to worry about his baby girl.

He made himself unavailable for the next couple of hours and rushed back home to have a chat with his wife before running it by Aadhya and Rohan.

"So what do you think Preeti ? Should I confirm with Anand irrespective of the lunch invite this Saturday" Gautam asked

"A lunch sounds like a good step further. But it should be the other way around. They should be coming to our place. Let me talk to Purnima and ask them to come over. That's the right way to go about this plus we want Aadhya in her comfort zone" Preeti shared her idea.

Since the parents have decided to set them up, they wanted no glitch in their plan. Plus at this point Aadhya being in her comfortable surroundings made more sense.

Preethi quickly checked the time once and called Purnima Nanda to convey her intentions.

"Gautam got a call from Anand ji and we are really happy. I will definitely talk with Aadhya. Meanwhile, I have a request. Can you people come over for lunch ? I mean isn't that the right way" Preethi started chatting.

"It isn't a formality Purnima. But assuming the two of them need a chance to talk, in that case why not do the right way and we want them comfortable. I mean that's the intent here right. I'd love to have you all home plus it's been long since we met outside parties" she tried convincing.

" Thank you so much. For agreeing to this. Can't wait for Saturday. See you all soon" and Preeti had a victory smile on her face after convincing Purnima.

Now it was after all time to talk to Avinash and Aadhya.

To be continued ~

Thanks for reading the next part. Hope you all found this part interesting. Please leave your comments below and I would love to read them all.