Dil mera churaya kyun

She had taken a very lazy bath and took her own sweet time to get ready. A part of her wanted to stay in the confines of her bed and sleep like a log. But her priorities were different today. Her parents were planning a full fledged Holi party. She wanted certain things to fall in place for that. She couldn't care much about what she wore. She had managed to keep him away from picking her up. She felt that could be the time she needed to collect her thoughts, that seem to go haywire in his presence.

She stopped at the destination and sat on her allocated seat waiting for him. She was a little early. The long drapes, the black windows, the polished brown tables went well with the food they served. Should be the right place she felt. It felt nice and cozy. She saw him walking towards her, as usual looking handsome in a light blue shirt and khaki trousers. His hair was gelled this time and his beard was gone. She sipped some water feeling her throat go dry. Beard made him look sexy but with this clean shaven look he looked different. No cuts, no blemishes. It was just smooth.

He took a seat opposite to her and waited for her to come out of her dreamland which she did soon enough.

"Hi" his tone was crisp.

"Hey" her voice was rather mellow. She was little lost looking at his face but was more than glad to have reacted rather decently she thought.

"Let's date" she said when he was replying to a message.

He looked at her as if she had grown two horns.

"Excuse me. Let me send this message out and talk. I think I am hallucinating" he replied and quickly typed out the message.

"Sorry. You said something" he asked wanting to be sure.

"Let's date" she repeated and saw the myriad of expressions on his face.

"What changed ?" He asked amused.

"I need to know you before dating" she stated fondling with the napkin kept on the table.

"You know me Aadhya" he said.

"You walk around like this Greek god" she started telling her apprehensions but she was paused.

"Do I ?" he asked.

"I am not feeding your man ego today. Let me speak. I have never been in a relationship. Love isn't a foreign feeling but everything is new to me. The last 4 years I have spent my time from home to hospital and vice versa. I have slogged my life to become a doctor. I am not judging but if you have been in a relationship or any of that sort I need to know. I am not willing to say yes to a guy who has a past and suddenly the past stands before you in heels, then by no means I am going to stand you brooding about it around me or worse having to deal with drama" she spoke in a go and sighed.

"I have never been in a proper relationship but yes a few girls have clung to me like magnets. I was never serious about it. They needed name and in my case it was nothing. At times, certain business parties expect you to come along with a partner and they have been of help but all of that stopped a year ago. I attend parties if they don't mind me coming else they can shove it up their ass. Say yes and I am all yours. " he said and winked at her.

She did not know what she was holding on to till he shared about his involvement with other women. For some reason, she wanted him to be like her. She wanted to be his first. 

"Let's eat" she chimed seeing the food coming their way and rubbed her hands together.

He made her heartbeat faster. She wasn't lying when she said he looked like a walking Greek god. She hadn't encountered his anger but definitely wasn't privy to his compassionate side. How much she wanted to explore him. Would it hurt too much if she said "yes" to him already. Was the concept of arranged marriage so bad she thought suddenly ?