Ishq bulava - 2

Except for their heavy breathing no sound could be heard in spite of a party being held few meters away from them. Just as his lips towered over hers, some part of his brain forced him to pull himself away from her. Her eyes flared open and he couldn't decipher what he saw in them. He quickly moved few more steps away from her and took a couple of deep breaths trying to calm his raging heart and the sudden rush of emotions he felt. She was a seductress without a doubt. She took a step towards him and when they were a few inches closer, she placed his index finger over his lips and begged him to stay with her eyes. He couldn't disobey those eyes any further. He felt hypnotised that moment.

"It's a yes Avinash" she said which he could barely hear. She sounded so fragile.

"Yes to what" he asked unsure. She had wanted space and then suddenly she pulls him away from all and throws them in an almost kiss situation and now a yes. He was confused.

"Yes to us" she said but a lot more bolder this time.

"You said you wanted space 7 hours back precisely " he mocked at her looking at his watch.

"Avinash" she called out his name exasperated. "You don't understand. All this is new to me. I was overwhelmed with my feelings. Having you sit before me was a lot to handle. I was already dealing with these new feelings and then you were not helping. You look handsome all the time and my eyes keep wanting to ogle at you like you're some freaking model. I fail to think rationally."

He looked at her surprised.

"Yes I am feeding your ego this time" she said almost blushing and he took a step near her.

"That's exactly why you doodled my name on your prescription notepad" he asked her amused.

"That's personal" she bit the words out and embarrassed he had seen something she had done without her knowledge but that was a story for another day.

"It's my name Aadhya" and her name came out of his mouth sensually. All his anger and irritation were almost out of his head when they were so close and now he was back to being his goofy self around her.

"Tch, whatever. The point is let's say yes to this arranged marriage or whatever. I want us to explore one another differently. If you know what I mean" she said dreamily.

"Like what" he asked winking at her.

"Pervert" she said and blushed. She rubbed her cheeks feeling the heat on her cheeks.

"I did not say anything on that note. But an occasional kiss and a hug too often wouldn't harm. You know it's good for the soul" and he pulled her towards him. And then he noticed the Bvlgari bracelet on her wrist he had gifted. 

"Did I tell how delectable you look today" he asked eyeing at the wrist closely and placed a chaste kiss on the bracelet making her gasp.

"Well someone was falling on you literally" she said miffed and tried pulling her wrist from his hold.

"But she did not have the guts to pull me to a place like this after pissing me off and say yes to me" he said. "Oh were you jealous" he asked realising.

"Na, I was trying to get you to talk to me but it seems your anger needs much more than dressing up beautifully" she replied straightening her dress.

That's exactly why she was different. Not once she behaved like those wannabes. She had her reservations but she knew her way around him already. He would have literally lost his nuts, had she strutted around like it never mattered but she felt the need to talk to him without delaying. She did not wait for him to say yes. She took the initiative because she wanted it. She never expected him to do things but she stood firm on the ground she believed in.