Sarfira

When she entered her room it was almost 3am in the morning. She couldn't simply go home because of him. He was still sleeping very uncomfortably but the smile on his face was not something she could miss. She took the seat on the other side of the table and stretched her legs to the other seat. Tiredness took over her sooner than she could ever imagine.

It was early morning when Avinash woke up. He was surprised that he had a good sleep in spite of not being on his bed. His eyes landed on her. She was sure to end up with a bad neck he thought Soon enough, she adjusted her head and continued to sleep. They were supposed to meet for lunch and now he felt she definitely needed rest. He sat there on the couch hoping she'd wake up soon and they could move out. His phone vibrated in his pocket and he was in two minds to attend the call but the caller was his father

"Morning Papa, I have it under control. Ask the project manager for an emergency meeting in a couple of hours. Ask Akhil to deal with those morons. I will manage the things here" he said and disconnected the call.

Meanwhile, she had woken up. His voice was a tad bit higher and irritated in turn waking her up. She was still groggy and she needed sleep. There was another knock on the door and she had no energy to even ask the person to come in. She cursed the person in her head and opened the door and she was shocked to find her brother and father.

"You could have called me Aadhya" Rohan said.

"Oh yea I know how much you love accidents" she said sarcastically.

"Dad, get her married already. I need peace" Rohan complained.

"She will still be working here you know" Gautam added. The siblings fought without realising the presence of another person watching them closely. Gautam suddenly realised another person standing near the couch and was surprised.

"Avinash ?" He asked surprised.

"I had come last night after knowing about the mishap at our construction site and ended up staying here" Avinash explained.

"Oh yea heard about it" Gautam said. Rohan looked at his sister to see what was running in her head but she was only sleepy.

"Ok how about you both go and rest. Sure it was a long night" Rohan said.

The father-son duo had a known smile on their face. If anyone looked at them they would look like idiots but the two knew that the relationship had progressed. If anything Aadhya was personal about, it was her cabin at the hospital. She did not like any random person entering. Even high profile appointments were taken care in another room. Only Rohan and her father had access apart from a few doctors for meetings and nurses. Avinash was still an outsider and she had allowed him to take the room. In fact, he had spent the night resting. But who would tell that to Aadhya. Only if she realised on her own.

The scene at the car park wasn't different. It was Avinash's turn to coax her exactly the way, she pushed him to stay at her cabin.

"My driver will drop your car home or I will drive you in your car to your home. My driver will follow us either way" Avinash told her.

"So either ways you aren't allowing me to drive ?" She asked pouting.

Gosh another second or more she gave him that pout he would melt he thought. And morning after sleep in her scrubs, she looked more alluring if that was even possible.

"No doctor. Not today" he said with a smirk.

"Bad CFO" she mumbled.

"I heard" he exclaimed with a smile on his face.

"It was meant to be heard Avinash" she said stressing on his name.

He chuckled and asked his driver to follow him in her car.

She couldn't keep her eyes open through the journey. She was tired as hell and her eyes closed against her own will to stay awake till she reached home. With morning traffic slowly picking up, they managed to reach her abode quickly. He shook her by her shoulders to wake her up even though he had a strong urge to lift her in his arms and take her up to her bed.

"Sleep well" he said.

She shook her head and suddenly remembered the plan for the day.

"We will meet at 1pm at The Table" she said and walked.

He held her hand but it more turned out to be a strong pull and she collided with his hard chest. Their morning breath fanning one another's face but their attraction overpowered everything.

"Take rest" he ordered in a hoarse voice making her senses go haywire. She quickly understood the effect he had on her and tore away herself from him.

"Not happening. We are meeting" she argued.

"Don't you think you need your sleep ?" He asked.

"I am used to this. Plus now I am going to do just that. So let's meet" she said.

"Fine then either your driver or I pick you up" he was giving her options.

"Ugh ok pick me" she gave up and walked inside after waving him a bye.

She will make my life interesting he thought and waited for his driver to park her car so that he could get some work done after going home.

A camaraderie was growing between unknown to them. She did not realise how much he cared for her and he did not know, how desperately she was waiting for the meet to help calm her mind and heart that were at loggerheads with one another.

To be continued ~

I know it's a small chapter but I want their meet as a fresh chapter. Hope you are all liking their journey so far. Still hoping for some likes and comments. Thank you very much for taking your time out to read this story of mine.