Lagan lag gayi hai

Surprise surprise! Look what we got here after a long time. An update. Hope you all enjoy their wedding and more. It can get a bit mature from here and hope you all don't mind.

*****************

The wedding dias was decorated with lotuses and jasmine strings. Lanterns hung from the artificial roof to create a cozy atmosphere. In between them, tiny led lights sparkled like stars that sparkled in the night sky. Plush cushioned chairs and divans were neatly arranged to accommodate the guests. The kitchen was busy catering for the specially curated wedding menu. The wedding planner was of course being overwhelmed. They had done a lot of weddings but this one had to be to perfection. The groom had eaten up their heads during the planning. The bride was the calmer one.

"Tie up those drapes more gracefully" a spectacled guy said looking at the in-charge.

"Mr. Kartik, not to worry. Before your boss steps in to the venue it will all be to his liking" the planner said pulling out her walkie talkie.

Kartik, Personal Assistant of Avinash Nanda shook his head in disappointment. No one knew his boss better than him when it came to arranging these family events. Avinash was a tough one to deal with and this was his wedding. He only hoped that he did not pay too much attention to detail.

"Where is the pagdi (groom hat)?" Purnima Nanda asked her husband who was busy looking at something that needed his attention.

He had walked away without paying much attention to his wife's question and she groaned at his behaviour. Having left with no choice, Purnima hoped that her elder son did not disappoint her. If anything that she was particular then it was about the Groom's hat. Nanda's heirloom brooch was to adorn the hat. Similarly, she had passed over the heirloom jewellery that Aadhya had to wear.

The bride's side arrangements were in full swing as well. Rohan was the busiest that morning for obvious reasons and that did not give him much time to be a part of the cosy emotional moment his family was sharing.

Aadhya wiped her moist eyes and took in a deep breath to prevent any tears escaping her eyes. Her father was a mess. Her mother was definitely manageable. She was a princess to her father just like every daughter but to him, she was more precious. She had gone through a lot emotionally and they fought the evils together without the knowledge of his wife or so he thought.

Avinash had just put on his silk sherwani when he heard a knock on the door. Purnima, his mother walked in and she was left emotional. Her son looked handsome no doubt. His face had this unusual charm in the silk sherwani and the way the organza dupatta lay perfectly on his shoulders wrapped around his hand. She rushed to him and placed a kaala teeka (black mark) using her kohl.

"Avi" she called out to him fondly and he took her in a hug. "Forgive me Avi for pushing you away all those years" she choked as she remembered those dark days they had to spend.

"It's all in the past and it's all for the good. Your Avi is back here and he is all good" he said and kissed the top of her head.

Rest of his family gathered around him and they spent a few minutes together. Avinash looped his hand with his grandmother and the all walked out of the room to the place where the wedding was to take place.

She boarded the boat with the help of her brother and father. Her brother took the oars of the boat and she sat on it very carefully. Her heavy lehenga was of no help and she cursed the wedding planner for coming up with this idea for bride entry.

The groom was asked to walk towards Pichola lake and he wondered why. But he was simply asked to be patient. Avinash had felt those wedding jitters when he slipped on the dress sometime back. The sudden appearance of his family eased his nerves. As he stood facing the Pichola lake, that anxiety was back. He had weird ideas in his mind thinking about all the what if. He was not this nervous not even when he took the position as a CFO. The air around him suddenly turned excited, he could hear the crowd murmuring and he looked in the same direction. He gulped the sudden lump that choked his throat.