Dal mein kuch kaala hai

"What do we have here?" Dr. Aadhya entered the operation theatre adjusting her gloves and mask.

"The baby had turned blue for a few minutes and he made us do quiet a bit of work on him before we could revive him. His oxygen sat levels are still fluctuating. It could be even an aftermath of a stressful delivery or something that requires surgery. Either case we need your intervention and he is 32 weeks. All this makes him premature" Dr. Rohan said at one go and looked at her forlorn look. 

"Let me take a look then. Thanks for the update" replied Aadhya and went towards the baby who was on the table underneath the fluorescent lights. She marvelled at the sight of the tiny human. He looked really tiny to go through all this at the time of birth.

"Hey handsome , aren't you scaring everybody around you ?" She cooed at the baby and started checking his vitals one after the other.

"Any idea if the mother was administered with an antenatal steroid injection ? Was this an anticipated premature delivery or an emergency" she asked as she checked the infant.

"Emergency. But I wouldn't say exactly cos there was a bit of fetal distress couple of weeks back. But nothing alarming" Rohan updated about his patient.

"Let me do the needful then. He might need to be under our observation for a while and it's better he stays in the Neo natal intensive care section." she instructed the nurses and continued with treating the infant.

"Oh and where is the Neo- natal specialist? This is like the second or third time that he isn't presenting himself during an emergency" she asked Rohan who was looking at her checking on the baby.

"I have no clue. Need to do something about it. Anyways, will wait for you here and let's inform the family together" Rohan replied and sat on the stool observing his sister work her way around.

It took another 30 min to finish all other immediate tests and after informing the family, the siblings went to his cabin for a break after saving 2 lives.

"To my cabin" his phone read a message from his father.

In another 10 min they managed to reach their fathers cabin and to their surprise they found their mother along. They were happy to take the couch.

"Who has done what exactly? Are we going to get punished like when we were kids" Rohan asked stifling a chuckle.

Seldom they had such gathering as a family. These things were pretty common when they were kids. When they were dragged to hospital after school to get scolded by their parents for pulling any pranks or any mischief. As far as he remembered he just returned from an awesome surgery and as for his sister is concerned well she was great at the operation theatre but something was sure off. Well it was going to be interesting he thought.

"We have guests coming home this Saturday" Gautam announced and relaxed in his chair. He wasn't too sure how he was going to break the topic to his daughter.

Preeti glared at her husband for beating around the bush.

"Is someone coming to check out Aadhya ?" Rohan asked and got punched in his gut by his sister.

"Thanks for making it easy for me Rohan" Preethi stressed her words eyeing at Gautam.

Aadhya all the while was trying to process what exactly was unfolding in front of her eyes. Her mouth opened and closed like a fish.

"What" she shrieked and Rohan bursted out laughing.

"I believe at the party last weekend, Anand and Purnima took a liking towards you and now they would love to have you married to their son, Avinash. Of course after you both say yes to the arrangement. It's anyways right time. You have been doing well in your field. And he has achieved quiet a bit given his age. We feel its a good alliance plus we know the family" Preeti said and looked at her daughter hopefully.