Jab koi baat bigad jaaye

Note :

All my chapter titles are lines from Bollywood songs. They in no mean convey what the song means as a whole. But just the line that's used as the title to convey the emotion in the chapter as a whole

************

It was past 7pm and there was no message or a call from her. He was still in his office cabin working away hoping he received any kind of message from her. His patience was surely ticking and it wasn't helping his staffs. He was being unfair with a few of them with his way of handling his temper but that's how he works. Anyways the new project they were working on required some projections and their finance department were going back and forth with some numbers that weren't matching up with the rest. Akhil had offered to come back tomorrow to sort the problem, after all a fresh mind would help all of them to look at things differently but he was simply stubborn and had the bunch of them who were working on those numbers to stay back in office. They did have another week but he needed to look at numbers to keep him from thinking about her irresponsible behaviour right here. Yet another hour passed and that was it, he couldn't sit behind wait for her to reply. If it was any other day he wouldn't have bothered but with Rahul on the loose, he couldn't help but worry about all the mishaps that could have happened with her. Logical thinking had gone for a toss. His staff had left rather they were made to leave by his father after of course Akhil had gone home and ranted about his irrational behaviour with staff who were so dedicated to their company.

He grabbed his stuff and stormed out of the room worried. He felt suffocated in his shirt suddenly and had the urge to rip his shirt out but that wasn't possible. As soon as he got in to his car, he ignited the engines to life and cursed at every traffic light he had to stop. Even her brother wasn't attending his call. He couldn't call her father and bombard him with questions and so he had to first go to their hospital and if not later see how. He had anyhow alerted his security to look for anything untoward and all looked under control according to them. He had arranged for her security after his meeting with her but they had asked for time till tomorrow to deploy the best of their men for her and he wanted the best so all he had to do was wait. Maybe he should have let his security people keep an eye over her till hers were ready he thought and cursed himself loudly. He couldn't believe, how important she was turning out to be in his life. "Keep her safe" he mumbled a prayer in his mouth and like as if his prayers were answered, he saw his destination on the other side of the road. All he had to do was drive straight take an U-turn and all should be good definitely he thought.

Avinash dashed in to the hospital as if someone he knew was in emergency. Well it wasn't exactly a medical emergency but sure the issue he had was a personal emergency. He did not know whom to contact as the A & E was a chaos and he did what he would do any other day. He marched towards her cabin and found it locked. He felt like pulling his hair and he searched for her brother's cabin and to his luck the door was wide open and both of them were laughing heartily about something. He wanted to compose himself before confronting her to avoid any unnecessary showdown between the two of them but his anger won over all his sensible thoughts and he entered the room making his presence loud and clear.

"At least you could have had the courtesy to message me" Avinash spat out angrily.

That's when she realised what had made him enter the way he did. His demeanour was different. He looked like a possessed man. His hair all over, his shoulders slouched and his chest did not puff the way it usually he did. He looked like he carried the entire burden of the world on his shoulders. A sigh escaped her lips and she received a glare from him. Her ever protecting brother jumped to her side immediately.

"Hear her out at least" Rohit tried to diffuse the tension in the room.

"Oh please" Avinash scoffed in return and took a couple of steps towards her only to grab her wrist.