Mein phir bhi tumko chahunga - 1

He drove through the dark and narrow alleys of Mumbai in search of the thing he desperately wanted at the moment. At last he stopped his car in front of a dimly lit place. The name board of the place was hanging precariously on a single nail and the bulb near was flickering ready to be fused out anytime. He looked around to see if anyone was around, the road was deserted except for a badly damaged car parked to one side of the door and a guy who was lying on the road drunk. He swallowed the thick lump in his throat and was about to set his first step in to the shop, when something grazed his other leg. He turned at once to see what caused that creepy feeling and found a cat looking at him with its bright big yellow eyes, the whiskers spread out and he heard the cat meowing loudly. He stilled looking at the cat. As much as he wanted to go in to fulfil his need he couldn't. His past flashed before his eyes, the struggle he had to go through and his entire family who supported him. He felt that he was betraying them.

Just then the doors of the shop flew open

"Boss, long time" the stout guy said taking a long puff.

He turned around and walked to the car as fast as he could but he was chased by the person. He wasn't the same gullible person. He had grown to become an entirely different person. He was still the same person to his family but not to anybody else and now it was time to become the Avinash Nanda. He couldn't fall prey to the man standing behind him. He knew the guy and his ways too well. He sat down in his car and slammed the door shut. The guy kept knocking the window, which forced him to bring it down

"You forgot us altogether boss" the guy said.

"Let's see, what exactly is your stature that you are leaning against my car and asking me questions" he asked.

He saw the icy glare in his old client's eyes. His eyes were so cold and lifeless. A chill ran up his spine. He had seen him through the video camera and had come out when he had hesitated but what could have changed his stand all of a sudden he wondered. He had a wonderful chance to make quiet a bit of money but all went in vain. None would have noticed that video camera for it was hidden. It was precisely installed to let him know about prospective clients and a way to escape from the police. He mumbled a silent prayer when he saw Avinash at his door step.

"Rakesh" Avinash called out to him.

"Boss" he turned at once and ran towards the car hoping luck really sided him today.

"Hide that fucking camera before you get caught" he replied with a smirk and started the car.

That's when he noticed the camera visible under the light bulb and the broken name board made no help to conceal the camera either as much as he thought it would. One needed sharp eyes to spot that shit and his client was indeed smarter than he thought. In the end, he laughed before closing the doors of his little place with the thought that his client wanted him safe and that meant he would definitely benefit from his rich client.

Akhil paced outside the Chopra's house waiting for his brother. He was worried for him. It had been ages since his brother had gone missing without letting anyone know about his whereabouts. Aadhya had refused to talk to anybody except for her brother and father. She had chose to remain silent even with her mother. She had opened up with everybody on the day of holi but today she was another person. His wife, Shraddha had simply ignored his questions and said it wasn't her place and her friend needed space. In fact she had chosen her friend over him. He felt jealous. He couldn't help but smile how childish he was behaving but this was the first time.

"Where on fucking earth were you Avinash Nanda" Akhil yelled as soon as he saw his brother stepping out of the car.

"I had gone out" he said hoping he was off the hook.