Kyun hum tukadon mein jiye

It wasn't about fight for power or inheritance when he said those words to his father. He and his brother had the capacity to build something from scratch and they were capable of doing that without the Nanda fortune but he wasn't willing to share this with that home wrecker. He couldn't still get in terms with the fact that something so long back that had happened in his father's life had taken its roots and now it was coming towards destroying them. Agreed it wasn't fair to either of the parties but he wasn't going down this time without a fight. His mother, had been the generous one and forgiven all of them even when his own grandmother wasn't willing to.

Kavita Nanda, was the only daughter of the Nandas and she was born after 3 generations. That made her the most precious that all of the Nandas rejoiced. However, his Chacha (uncle) was smart enough to see through her manipulations and the gullible trait of Anand Nanda, when it came towards Kavita Nanda did not help anybody earn even a penny and eventually, Shekar Nanda took it upon him to separate himself from the Nanda's and took his mother's name as his surname Kansal, thereby abandoning the Nandas altogether. He did attend all the important functions but nothing more. His chachi, was a very kind lady but she had sworn to support her husband just like his mother. Only difference his mother had to put up with Kavita Nanda till today.

Kavita Nanda had eloped on the day of her haldi ceremony and got married to Navin Chaturvedi, who was working as a manager at the Nanda Corporation. She was eventually accepted by her parents and soon after followed the issues. Kavita Chaturvedi, unlike the Nanda Siblings always walked with a touch of arrogance. What initially looked very rosy from a distance did not look like the same once they started living under the same roof. She had been under the impression that middle class lifestyle meant a 2 bedroom house but with at least 1 help, but she had failed to realise that her husband Navin was the eldest and the only breadwinner in the family. That made the 2 bedroom apartment more cramped with his parents and sister all struggling to stay under the same roof and share a single bathroom. The idea of sharing initially creeped Kavita out but somehow she had managed to talk Navin out of the whole setup and took him to an apartment that was under her name without his family.

During the time, she had managed to bring him completely under his spell and she had ensured that all the money required to run her lavish lifestyle was taken care by the Nandas and a portion of Navin's income went to support his family but nothing more. Things were going on great and just after their honeymoon phase she ended up being pregnant. He once again couldn't afford the consulting fees at the private hospital she wanted to. After a lot of fights and emotional blackmailing, she had used the Nandas for the same and Nandas were all the more delighted only because their little princes was going to become a mother. Navin Chaturvedi, who initially talked about self respect and dignity started getting attached to the money his wife had access to and little less with his baby. Brothels and clubs became his frequently visited places but he was smart enough to not rub his wife on the wrong side. She cared less about his behaviour. Love had died long back but their lust for material things only grew. That was when Saroj Nanda took it upon herself to give her daughter the much reality check needed hoping that she understood things. Kavita had gone far from all that, she had in fact managed to let her mother know that whatever she shared was true and she never wanted a husband figure ever. All she wanted was a husband who wouldn't nag her because she knew her parents would tie her up in a relationship that demanded her to work for everything she wanted so easily. Saroj Nanda had right away put an end to all this much to the dismay of her husband. Her sons supported her but Anand wasn't entirely supportive of that decision but he respected his mother's decision. Kavita naturally felt the chains around her getting tighter and soon her husband had turned abusive. During one such fights, she had picked on his family but he had simply pushed her away feeling the need to not answer her anymore. All he cared about was money and his fancy pleasures at the end of the day. He did not find the need to respect her anymore because she wasn't the person who showered him with money either. Their son was badly affected. He had temper issues right from an early age and his stubbornness only grew with time. He had lost the will to study making his life only tougher. One such evening, she received a call saying Navin had died on the spot due to cardiac arrest and she had consoled herself saying "serves him right". Her drama to be included in to the Nanda family started slowly, with the senior Nanda falling ill often, it came towards Anand and Shekar to deal with the mess. Anand was so blind with the love for his sister that his mother, Saroj Nanda had no say. Fights began to ensue between the two Nanda brothers for one supported what the mother wanted and one supported the father eventually leading to Shekar Nanda giving up on Nanda's name only to become Shekar Kansal. Saroj Nanda had however refused to walk out with him saying she needed to be with her husband throughout even if their ideologies did not match anymore. Meanwhile, Kavita had smartly played Anand in to adopting her son, Rahul Chaturvedi. If one thing Anand was sensible, it was about not approving to share the family name. According to the documents, he was only going to provide financial support but nothing more. Senior Nanda, had profusely apologised to Purnima and Anand for putting them through this emotional torture when his other son had simply cut off all ties. Saroj Nanda, no matter how strict she was she couldn't help but be proud of Anand and Purnima thereby making them her favourites. She did visit Shekar every now and then but he had changed in to someone unrecognisable.