Aankh maare

"Hey" Aadhya hugged her best friend warmly.

They had finally gotten a chance to meet away from all the preparations and the chaos. Truth be told, Aadhya was skeptical if her friend wanted to meet her because she had taken her own sweet time to look past their issues. It made sense to her. Shraddha always cared about her self respect and she did not want her help. She still couldn't phantom why she did not let her know about her wedding but it was decided let bygones be bygones and today she wanted a fresh start between the two.

"I know I did not want to look beyond our issues for a long time after we met once again. I really am sorry Shraddha" Aadhya said sincerely.

Shraddha was of course happy. She had gotten her friend back after a very long time. She did ghost her and she was expecting Aadhya to forget everything too soon. Coming to think about it closely, had it not been for her father inlaw's birthday party there was no way she would have come in touch with Aadhya.

"I am at fault here Aadhya. A stupid watermelon juice cannot sort our issues out really and we have grown past all these. I mean I literally stopped staying in touch with you and even after settling in my career I made no attempt to look for you. I really am sorry" Shraddha replied feeling guilty.

"You tried so much and I simply refused to give in and I took my own time to have this conversation with you" Aadhya continued to explain her behaviour with her friend since that night.

"Let's put all this behind" Shraddha said.

Aadhya nodded positively and took a sip of the frappe she had ordered.

"So tell me how's it going with my brother in law" Shraddha asked to lighten up the emotional atmosphere between them.

"Ugh he is just annoying me" she said and remembered the long conversation they had a couple of days back.

Couple of days back :

Her phone had been vibrating continuously in her pocket but she simply couldn't attend the call thanks to the meeting she was a part of. She had messaged him but the person on the other side had very little patience. He had asked her to message instead but she replied she couldn't giving a stupid excuse. He had kept quiet for 15 minutes and since then her phone was vibrating. The first two times, she disconnected the call but after that she simply threw her phone in to her pocket and paid no attention to the vibration. She even felt the eyes of her father trained on her every now and then. They were discussing some managerial issues which definitely did not interest her but she had to sit only because her father wouldn't hear a word and to her surprise, her mother was also a part of the meeting. After what felt like forever, she did call him back

"Hey" she heard his warm voice.

"I see you did not get tired from calling me so many times ?" She asked relaxing in her chair.

"You have time to play the remaining 20 questions ?" She heard him. She could even imagine the smirk on his face,

"What" she yelled.

"Diamonds or rubies or emeralds or sapphire?" She heard him in return. She stared at her phone to see if she was really talking to him or some imposter.

"Avinash"

"Yes darling" she heard him say the words and was a mess. She felt her voice stuck in her throat. His voice over phone was as it is sexy according to her and now her face was flushed. At this moment, she wished she had a few boy friends. That way she would have been immune to such endearments but this wasn't clearly helping.

"Are you there ?" She heard him and she could sense the fondness in his voice. She quickly gulped a large sip of water and cleared her throat.

"Diamonds" she almost croaked and hit her head at her own stupidity.