𝐎𝐧𝐞|Escaping

The act of escaping; to get away or keep away from something

The act of escaping; to get away or keep away from something. To break free from confinement or control.

It's exactly what I needed right now. An escape from everything in this fucked up world and the people in it. The reason is always the same as to why I need this desperate escape. My father.

My mother had passed away two years ago today due to a car accident and my father has been different ever since. Both physically and emotionally. He's gotten violent so when he's not drowning himself in alcohol he takes his anger out on me. Whether that be through his cruel words or his actions. The bruises on my body is evidence of that.

Sneaking past his sleeping figure, I grab my car keys from the kitchen counter and quietly leave the house. I get in my car and reverse out of the drive way, having no idea where I am going to go. Anywhere is better than here.

The pale crescent moon shone like a silvery claw in the night sky. I looked up at the blanket of stars that stretched to infinity.

It's time like these when I miss my mother. Wishing I was wrapped up in her embrace where I know it's safe. But I don't have that anymore. I don't have that feeling of safety anymore.

Moments later, I park my car in a random parking lot outside of a building. Killing my engine, I step out and sigh softly when the cold air hits my face.

Deciding on going inside the building, I walk over to the entrance doors and quietly open it. I breathe a sigh of relief when I see no one else inside. The last thing I wanted was for someone to walk in on me having a literal mental break down.

Looking around the place, I soon find out that it's an ice hockey ring. How I ended up here is beyond me.

The lights were dimmed and it was really fucking cold in here. I take my air pods out of my pocket, click shuffle on Spotify, sit down on one of the back benches and let the music take me away from here.

Being too lost in my music, I didn't even notice anyone enter the ring until I heard a hockey puck hit the net. Glancing up from my phone, I see a guy playing hockey by himself. He hasn't noticed me yet as he practices shooting the hockey puck into the net, scoring each shot perfectly.

He looks around my age. A black yankees cap was sitting backwards on his head with a few of his brunette curls sticking out from the sides of it. He was wearing a light grey Nike tech fleece with the zipper undone, revealing a plane white t-shirt and a silver chain. Rings were wrapped around his fingers and his bicep muscles flexed with each movement he made. His defined jaw was clean shaven and there wasn't a single flaw on his face.

He looks familiar but I don't know where I have seen him before.

A phone starts ringing, the sound echos into the room and I silently pray it's not mine so he doesn't catch me staring at him. I mean how could you not stare at that.