𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧|Practice

The next day I finally went to school and immediately get bombarded with questions by Alyssa

"Where were you for a week? You didn't answer my calls or texts. Was your phone off? Are you okay?" She asks, her voice laced with worry.

I put my books away and shut my locker, turning all of my attention towards her and giving her a reassuring smile. "I'm fine. I'm sorry for not answering my phone."

"I'm glad you're okay but you scared the living shit out of me. I never know if something happens to you Audrey." She sighs. "Your dad is fucking useless."

She doesn't know half of it.

"I know. It won't happen again." I say seriously.

She looks at me for a moment and frowns. "I know," She mutters, "I just... Did something happen?"

I wish I can tell her everything but I just can't. The words are always stuck in my throat. It's like it's a the tip of my tongue each time I want to spill the truth but nothing comes out. Maybe it's for the best though. But I do hate lying to her and I don't know how much longer I can keep this up for.

"Just one of those days." I mumble, looking down at my shoes that Matteo bought me for my birthday.

"I'm here for you babe," She smiles and throws her arm over my shoulder, following my gaze down to my shoes, "Who got you those? Holy shit." She gapes at me.

"Birthday present from Matt." I shrug my shoulders and grin.

Her smile widens. "Tell me all about it." She says, leading me outside for lunch.

xXx

"Surprise." I grin, extending out a caramel Frappuccino towards Matteo as he puts on his skates. He drove us to the ice ring for practice after school but I went out to quickly grab him this.

He looks up at me from his skates and smiles. "Thank you princess." He says softly, taking the drink of me and sipping on it.

"Stop taking the piss Matt!" One of his teammates call him over. Turning my head, I see a guy with blue eyes and long blonde hair waving him over with his hockey stick.

"Who's your little lady friend?" Another guy walks up to us and gesture towards me with a smirk. He's wearing a black durag and has dark brown eyes.

"Swear down I've seen you before." Another one comes up beside the guy. He has light brown hair, that falls just above his eyebrows, and brown eyes.