𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲|Date

After lunch, Matteo and I went to our last lesson of the day which was science

After lunch, Matteo and I went to our last lesson of the day which was science. He's being acting a bit off today. Like he keeps fidgeting and zoning out.

"Matteo," I say softly, placing my hand over his that are fiddling with the purple scrunchie around his wrist, "Are you okay?"

He intertwines his hand with mine and I notice how his knee immediately stops bouncing. He's making it really difficult to get over these goddamn feelings I have on him.

I brush hair away from his forehead and he leans into my touch with a soft sigh. Blue eyes peer down at me for a moment and a small smile tugs on his lips.

"I am now." He whispers.

I grin and give his hand a soft squeeze. "Good." I say and turn my attention back to the work in front of me. He does the same and keeps our hands intertwined under the table as he rubs my knuckles with his thumb.

"You know we have a test tomorrow?" Grey whispers from beside me, his voice laced with panic.

"Yeah," I turn my head towards him, "You didn't know?"

"No," He whisper yells, "I didn't revise for shit!"

"You'll be fine," I chuckle and glance over at Matteo's  sheet to see that he has completed all of the questions, "Don't stress yourself out."

He groans and lightly bangs his head against the table repeatedly. "Stop doing that, idiot." I scold him.

"You're too nice." He mumbles and rests his head against the desk.

"Alright," The teacher clasps her hands together to get our attention, "I'll be collecting the sheets in. You'll get your answers by the end of the lesson." She says, walking down the tables and collecting the sheets in.

"Do you want your hoodie back?" I ask Matteo, "I have it in my bag."

"No," He shakes his head and pulls my chair closer to his like he usually does, "You can have it."

"Are you sure?" I furrow my eyebrows, "It's yours."

"What's mine is yours, love." He grins, revealing his cute dimples.

"Good because it's really comfy." I mumble and smile up at him.

He chuckles under his breath and my stomach flutters at the sound. "I'll get you another one tomorrow, darling."

If possible my smile widens to the point where my cheeks hurt. What is this man doing to me?

"Impressive as always Mr Del Rosso." The teacher says, setting his paper down in front of him before handing me and Grey ours.

Matteo glances at his paper, slips it inside his book and then closes it before packing up his stuff.

"What did you get?" I ask him, putting my things into my bag. He looks over at me and sighs, lifting his book so I can see his mark. "Full marks? Smart-ass." I smile and stand up.