𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧|Friends?

"You never told me what team you play for

"You never told me what team you play for." I say to Matteo, dumping a fry into some ketchup.

We decided to come back to the cafe for lunch. Only because he insisted on feeding me despite my protests.

"NYR." He replies, using his thumb to wipe of some ketchup of the corner of my mouth and then proceeding to lick it off, leaving me stunned.

I swallow thickly and gulp down some water to clear my dry throat. "What does that stand for?" I ask, clearing my throat.

"New York Rangers." He says, resting his chin in his hands and gazing at me with soft eyes. "Grey calls us the fuckin' power rangers." He grumbles, shaking his head.

I chuckle at Grey's sense of humour. "You planning on playing for the NHL?"

He sighs and looks away briefly before meeting my eyes again. "I want to." He mutters.

"What's stopping you then?" I ask softly.

"I have a lot of responsibility here and it's just," He shakes head, "Gonna be difficult to manage if I were to travel." He shrugs his shoulders.

"There's nothing stopping you Matt," I say, smiling up at him, "You can do it. I know you."

He smiles and pokes my dimple before brushing his thumb over my cheek. "Yeah?"

I nod my head in response and look between both of his blue eyes. Something swirls within them. Something I haven't seen in two years. Warmth.

"I've always wanted to travel the world." I say.

"I'm gonna take you with me," He says, his tone laced with finality, "I'll show you the whole fuckin' world princess."

"Funny." I shake my head at him, not believing a single word he is saying. By the time we've finished high school he probably would have forgotten about me and I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

He brings my hands in his and maintains eye contact with me as he says, "I will. Mark my words, D'Amico."

I stare at him silently and his eyes show nothing but honesty, which makes me want to believe him. "I'll believe it when I see it, Del Rosso."

He nods his head firmly. "You're gonna be sat at the front row seat in all of my games."

"Oh yeah?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Sí." He nods his head.

Sighing, I shake my head and pull away from him. "Eat your food. It's going cold." I point at his untouched burger.

"I'm kinda hungry for something else." He says darkly, looking me up and down as he licks his lips.

"I'm so done with you."

xXx

"Hey, cupcake." I turn my head around at the sound of Archer's voice.