𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨|Big Game

Matteo's big game is tomorrow and I know he has been stressing about because he has been a bit more pissed off lately

Matteo's big game is tomorrow and I know he has been stressing about because he has been a bit more pissed off lately. Like right now.

We just got out of class and instead of waiting for me like usual he went ahead. Whenever he is mad, he tends not to talk to me incase he raises his voice unintentionally. Even though he never has.

Now, however, I want him to talk to me.

Catching up to him, I grab his hand and pull him into an empty classroom.

He scowls, turning to face me. "What the hell are you doi—"

"What's with the attitude?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest and raising my eyebrows at him.

"Nothing." He grumbles, sitting down on chair and glaring at the floor.

"So get rid of it before talking to me." I say calmly.

His chest rises as he releases a deep breath and we sit in silent for a couple of minutes until he's ready to talk. I glance over at him and see his elbows on his
knees with his head in his hands. I frown, wondering what the hell is going on his mind right now.

Distant chattering from outside the classroom fills the silence between us and I sigh, sitting down in the seat next opposite him.

Wordlessly, I reach a hand out to him and after a moment he eventually takes it. Intertwining our hands together, I kiss his knuckles and place our hands on my lap.

Physical touch is our thing. If we're not talking then we're communicating through touch. It makes me feel connected with him in so many ways.

He silently stares at them and lightly traces his thumb along the ring on my finger. A ring that he got me for our one year anniversary.

His eyes drift to my mouth and his gaze softens drastically. I tilt my head to catch his gaze and those blue eyes instantly connect with mine.

"Are you okay?" I ask softly and he nods his head but when I see that frown on his face, I stand up and move closer to him. After doing so, he leans his head against my chest and wraps his arms around the back of my thighs.

Kissing the top of his head, I comb my fingers through his hair and feel his body relax under my touch.

"I'm sorry." He says quietly.

"It's okay." I wrap my arms around his neck and lay my head on top of his.

"Love me?" He mutters with a hint of vulnerability in his voice that makes my heart melt.

"Yeah, baby I love you." I reply, tilting his chin up and pecking his lips.

"Pretty," He mumbles, staring up at me like he's completely mesmerised. "You're so pretty."

"I know right. Lucky you." I smirk.

"Lucky me." He mutters to himself and I smile, shaking my head at him.