𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Coming home after a long game to absolute chaos is what it has always been like for the past seven years

Coming home after a long game to absolute chaos is what it has always been like for the past seven years. Ever since Audrey and I finished Harvard, we wanted to start our lives together now that our education is out of the way.

Audrey started up her own law firm after getting her degree and I couldn't be more proud of her.

After settling into the NHL for the first few years, I proposed to my girl after her twenty second birthday. Within months we were married and that's when she told me she was pregnant, which is the greatest gift she could have ever given me. The gift of becoming a father.

"I'm home." I call out, shutting the door behind me and putting my duffel bag down.

"Dad!" I hear my three year old son's voice and I turn my head around to see him charging towards me at full fucking speed.

I bend down and groan slightly when he crashes into me. "Mattias." I say, brushing his brunette curls away from his forehead and pecking his cheek.

"Did you get it?" He asks, peering up at me with hope swirling in his hazel eyes.

"Of course." I smile, nodding my head and taking the hockey puck out of my pocket.

"Thanks, Papà!" He beams and happily takes the puck off me. Whenever I have a game I always bring him the puck back.

"Add it to your collection." I say, putting him back down.

The sound of tiny footsteps tapping against the marble floor filled my ears followed along with the sound of my second eldest son's voice. "Papà!"

"Lourenço." I pick him up and he immediately wraps his tiny arms around my neck.

"I helped Mamà today." He shares, looking up at me with his hazel eyes.

I brush his brunette hair back and peck his forehead. "Good boy."

"Nico, come here." I hear my wife's voice from upstairs and I already know our youngest is being a little shit again.

When Audrey announced that she was pregnant we didn't expect it would be with triplets but I wouldn't change it for the world. I remember the very day she told that she wanted at least four kids so that's exactly what I'm gonna give her. I'll give her anything she wants.

"Okay," I sigh, putting Lourenço down and running a hand through my hair. "You two go get your bags for abuelo and abuela's house."

"Can I take this?" Mattias asks, holding up the puck I got him.

"Yes but don't loose it because I can't get you another one til next week." I reply, ruffling his hair.

"Okay." He nods his head firmly and I watch the two of them run back upstairs to get their bags.

After picking up my duffel bag, I make my way upstairs too.

"Mamà I don't wanna wear pants!" Nico shouts and I turn the corner to see him running away from Audrey, who is chasing after him.