𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞|Birthday Boy

It's Matteo's birthday tomorrow and luckily I've bought him a present

It's Matteo's birthday tomorrow and luckily I've bought him a present. He told me not to but how could I not when he buys me all these things? I managed to save up most of my salary to buy his present so I hope he likes it.

Anyways, after school I decided to go back home since Matteo had practise today. Dad hasn't been around much these days and I'm afraid of what he's doing while he's away. He could be gambling all of our money like he always does. All of the money for our bills and food are most likely gone by now but there's nothing I can do.

He just won't listen. I wish he did for once. I wish our fridge wasn't so damn empty all the time.

As usual, I open the door to an empty house. It's starting to get colder in this house because winter's here but I can't afford to put the stupid heating on. So, I'm gonna have to layer myself up.

I question how Matteo can play on ice without freezing to death.

Sighing, I make my way to my room and chuck my school back to the side before curling myself up underneath the blankets. My phone pings from my bedside table so I unlock it to see a message from Matteo.

ML: I miss you
Me: I miss you too
Me: How's practice?
ML: Shit without my girl watching me
ML: What are you doing?
Me: Laying down
Me: My hands are cold
ML: Put them in my pants
Me: You wish
ML: Got to go love
ML: I'll call you later
Me: Have fun at practise
ML:❤️

I close our chat and grab the book I was reading from my nightstand before opening up to the page I was at.

xXx

"Happy birthday, baby." I say softly, smiling up at Matteo and wrapping my arms around his neck.

We're behind the school building right now and it's the first time I'm seeing him today. We've both been busy with classes so I didn't get the chance to show him my gift yet.

"Thanks, gorgeous." He replies, wrapping his arms around my waist and burying his face into my neck.

"How has your day been?" I ask, trailing my fingers through his soft curls.

"Good. I'm tired though," He mumbles into my neck, "You wanna take a nap in my car?"

"You have a free period?"

"Yeah, you?" He lifts his head up and leans his forehead against mine.

"Yep."

"Let's go." He laces his fingers through mine and leads us towards the back of the car park where his car is.

He opens the back door for me and after thanking him, I climb inside. He gets in after me and closes the door behind himself before we lay down across the seats.