𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨|Heart

I should've brought spare clothes but luckily Matteo gave me some of his after I showered

I should've brought spare clothes but luckily Matteo gave me some of his after I showered. We had dinner not too long ago and watched a movie so we have an hour to kill.

Right now Matteo's on his computer playing video games while I'm scrolling through my phone mindlessly.

"Matteo?" I call his name, putting my phone down.

"Hm?" He hums, eyes fixated on his computer screen.

"Can we do something?"

"One sec."

Groaning, I get off the bed and make my way over to him before straddling his lap. His arms circle around my waist and he presses a soft kiss to my cheek. I move my face away from his shoulder and make eye contact with him. He stares at me for a long moment, gently brushing the tips of his fingers against my facial features.

Cheeks. Eyelashes. Eyebrows. Nose. Then, my lips. His gaze softens and his throat rolls as he swallows whatever words he was going to say. But even when he looks at me like this, I just know. No words have to be said because we both feel it.

"I hate being away from you," He mutters, fiddling with the ends of my hair, "Can't you stay?"

"I can't," I say softly, looking down at his veiny hands, "You know how my dad is."

A muscle in his jaw flexes as he brushes his fingers along his upper lip. "He doesn't know how I am." His eyes meet mine, stern and dangerous. A cold shiver runs down my spine the longer we hold eye contact.

"Matteo." I breathe out.

"You deserve so much better, Audrey," He says, cupping my cheeks, "I can give you that. I'll do anything for you. Let me take care of you, please."

God, I would love that but I can't because there will always be this constant fear of what dad might do next if he finds me.

Not trusting my mouth, I shake my head and avoid his eyes. I hear him sigh but he doesn't say anything else and when I glance over at him, I see him glaring at his desk behind me. I know he's angry but there's nothing I can do.

"Don't do anything." I say.

His eyes dart to mine but he stays silent.

"Matteo."

He sighs and wraps his arms around me, placing a hand on the back of my head. "Alright," He mutters, "I won't."

"Promise?" I mumble into his chest.

"I promise," He says against my temple, kissing the top of my head, "I won't, baby."

xXx

After school, Matteo had texted to tell me to get dressed because he's taking me out somewhere. I don't know where and I don't know what to wear so I just threw on something causal.