𝐒𝐢𝐱|Secret Garden

After my shift at the cafe, Alyssa picked me up and together we went to the park

After my shift at the cafe, Alyssa picked me up and together we went to the park. At least once a week we go there to spend time together. The park is like our spot.

We ate, talked, listened to music and talked about this guy she likes at school called Aiden. She says he's also on the same hockey team as Matteo.

By the we finish up at the park, it's well past midnight when I finally get home. Whenever I need to forget about my problems I always go to my best friend. Perhaps I lost track of time because if my father's awake then I'm in deep shit.

Silently walking through the door, I breathe a sigh of relief when I seem on the couch past out drunk. I haven't seen my father sober in two years. I've tried to excuse his behaviour as him grieving but nothing can compare to the pain he has caused me both emotionally and physically.

Finally getting into my room, I drop my stuff of the floor and fall on to the bed with an exhausted sigh. I shower, brush my teeth and then go straight to sleep.

xXx

"How's your eye?" Matteo asks from beside me as I put my books away into my locker.

I glance over at him and smile slightly. "Better thank you."

He rests his temple against the locker beside him and tucks a loose strand of light brown hair behind my ear. Leaning over he whispers into my ear, "Good." His voice low as his lips brush against my skin. Just like yesterday. Fuck.

I shut my locker and turn my head towards him, giving him my full attention. "Do you care about me Matt?" I tease, raising an eyebrow at his handsome face.

"Caring requires me giving a fuck. Unfortunately I don't give any." He says with a careless shrug.

I smirk up at him. "Bullshit." I scoff and roll my eyes.

He places both of his hands on either side of my head, trapping me against the lockers with his strong forearms. "Roll those pretty eyes of yours again and I'll give you a better reason to." He whispers into my ear, his voice was dark and promising that has my whole body lighting on fire.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I try and get rid of the raspiness in my voice but it's useless. "I've had enough of you for one day." I push him away by his shoulders and walk off, hearing him chuckle slightly from behind me.

He catches up to me and says, "What class have you got now princess?"

"English." I say, glancing over at him to see a grin on his face.

He hums in response as we reach my classroom which is on the second floor.

"I'll see you around darling." He winks at me and leaves.