CHAPTER 13

At that moment, I could hear the carriage rattle past me. I was in a dizzy situation where if it were too late, I would’ve collided with the vehicle.

Of course, since my body is different from regular human’s it wouldn’t hurt as much. I could hear the horseman driving the carriage swearing at me from afar.

“You are the one going that speed on this crowded road.”

The man behind me muttered, clicking his tongue as if he had heard the curse words. He was wearing a robe, so I couldn’t see his face clearly, but his voice sounded familiar.

“Are you okay…”

His dark purple eyes were shaking and looked at me. We both stood there for a moment, speechless. I’ve already forgotten that I almost got hit by a carriage just now.

The warrior couldn’t take his eyes off me. He even blinked several times and rubbed his eyes.

“I didn’t know you were here.”

He spoke first.

“I’m here to relax. What are you doing here?”

“I’m on vacation too… secret vacation.”

The warrior smiled as he slightly pulled down his hood.

“So I’d rather you call me by my first name than by warrior.”

“Ah, I see. Haron.”

There is nothing more attractive than being called a warrior in such a crowded place.

When Tina was younger, she had a very hard time calling me out in front of others, and would say ‘The Devil~ The Devil~’.

“I’m a little surprised but I’m glad to see you again.”

“Oh, yes…”

A smile slowly spread on Haron’s face. It looks like he’s shaking his imaginary tail like a puppy.

“Lucia!”

Tina, who happened to go near the fountain in the square, belatedly called me and ran. I feel like I was immersed in all sorts of strange things just now.

“…Lucia?”

Haron who was next to her, muttered casually to himself. I pointed my finger at myself as if saying ‘that’s my name’ and only then did he nod his head.

“Lucia, I’m sorry! I got distracted by something else. We can go wherever you want now… why, why is this man here?!”

Tina quickly hid behind me as soon as she saw Haron. Then she pointed her trembling finger at him and shot a weary look.

“Tina, it’s rude to point your finger.”

“But…!”

She grabbed one of my arms and glared at Haron. I asked for understanding instead.

“Sorry. She’s a little fierce.”

“…”

“I don’t bite, so don’t worry.”

“Huh? Oh…”

Fortunately, he didn’t seem to care about Tina’s rudeness.

“… Lucia, let’s go now.”

“Yes, we should.”

I patted her on the shoulder as she whined, and then bowed slightly to the warrior saying ‘we’ll leave now’.

As soon as I turned around, the warrior called me in a hurry.

“I was wondering.”

“…?”