Chapter 58

That evening, I contacted Haron through the telecommunication tool and conveyed the situation here.

— Has that ever happened?

“Yes. It’s not that serious, but it’s still unexpected, so it’s important to know… But why aren’t you showing your face?”

The communication port screen on Haron’s side was covered in black. I tried to clean the crystal ball several times to see if it was a problem on my end, but nothing changed.

“Why can’t I see you?”

I couldn’t clean the crystal ball and started pounding it with my fist. But it must have been a defective or a broken product, just like the last time.

“They only take my money and can’t even get this to work properly…!”

—It’s nice to hear just your voice. I can see everything Lucia does, though.

“…You can see everything over here?”

– Yes. And…don’t hit it with your bare hands, you’ll hurt yourself.

“Great.”

I coughed and rubbed my hands.

Well, if you saw this, you should’ve told me sooner.

A low laughter was heard from the other side.

“Don’t laugh.”

– I didn’t laugh.

“I can’t see the screen here, but I can still hear the sound.”

-Hah.

After some brief chatter, Haron reported the situation in the capital.

-In the current atmosphere, there are no nobles who are collecting Demon Stones, but it is strange. If they had wanted to do so, it would have been through Carl Altor… But he hasn’t done any business with anyone recently.

“Hmm, really? Did he just secretly come to collect them one by one?”

As winter approaches, we cannot rule out the possibility that people who ran out of money sneaked in and stole some.

However, the only things they can steal are from those who are already powerless, such as the demon stones of the young and already dead demons. It wouldn’t explain why so many demons died in such a short period of time…

I wondered if Haron was thinking the same thing as I was.

-Or it could be that he just collected the Demon Stones and didn’t trade them publicly.

These days, public opinion on the gem transactions was not good. There were questions as to why they dared to take such risks before.

“First of all, I had my subordinates establish the boundaries. I hope it’s not a big deal…”

Having said this, I don’t think there has ever been a time when it really wasn’t a big deal.

I ruffled my hair angrily.

-That…

Haron was about to say something, but someone brushed my messy hair from behind. It was Shud.

“Hold on for a moment. I’ll tidy up your hair.”

He held my hair with his soft hands and tied it up carefully. As if familiar with his actions, I rested my head in his hands.