CHAPTER 16

Unlike me who was free, Haron’s schedule was like hell.

Not only does he participate in the subjugation everyday, but every time a big or small incident occurs, everyone in the castle except the lord would go to him and ask for instructions.

He couldn’t even rest properly, and just stands guard in the dangerous areas. Is this a quest or torture?

“Miss Lucia.”

“Oh, yes.”

Haron, who was looking at the documents, looked around. I turned my head sharply and answered him because I was lost in thought.

“I’m sorry. Were you surprised that I called you suddenly?”

He was treating me carefully as if he were touching thin glass that would break any moment. This is a conversation between a servant and a master. I felt frustrated.

“Is there anything you’re uncomfortable with?”

“Thanks to you, I’m so comfortable where I wonder if I was really a maid.”

“That’s a relief. Would you like a cup of tea?”

“Ah…”

I nodded my head slowly and turned my head to look out the window. I tied the curtains neatly, but since the room didn’t have a good view, the sun didn’t shine in here very well.

So when I stretched my arms to open the window, a pleasant gentle breeze brushed my cheek.

“It’s nice, great for tea time.”

I got up to prepare some snacks to go along with tea, since it’s the maid’s responsibility to do that. But, Haron came up to me and grabbed my shoulder.

“Please stay seated. I’ll get it ready.”

“Yes, yes? But…”

“What kind of tea would you like? We have herbal tea, milk tea, or juice.”

“Well, milk tea…”

“”Here, have this too.”

I sat in the chair without lifting a finger, and in an instant, Haron placed fresh snacks on the table.

“Go ahead and eat.”

“Oh, yes…”

He sat in front of me with a smile on his face, and when my tea ran out, he would pour more. I couldn’t shake off this strange feeling.

“Yo, warrior.”

“Yes, Miss Lucia.”

“I think something is wrong with this.”

There’s definitely something wrong here.

***

[So how was the castle where the humans lived? Did you have fun?]

It’s been a week since I started working at the lord’s castle.

While I was spending my first holiday at the Fortress, Derakal followed me and asked. I thought about it for a while and shook my head.

“Well, no.”

[Why?]

“It’s okay to be with the warrior in one room, but it’s noisy and complicated, for there were a lot of things that bothered me here and there. My head hurts.”

These days, I was feeling an unexpected wave of attention. In order to commute without anyone knowing, I deliberately wandered through an unidentified corridor.