CHAPTER 51

At Duke Blake’s words, everyone’s eyes turned to Haron.

Haron, who had no role in the discussion earlier, remained silent as if he had expected this situation.

「In that case, he will probably mention you at least once in order to refute the claim.」

That was written in the note he received from Lucia a while ago. There was a faint smile on his lips.

「You can respond to it but you don’t have to. I can’t be there, so you should decide based on the atmosphere.」

If things went well, he might be able to stay by her side next time. At that moment, it almost felt like she was sitting next to him and whispering advice into his ear.

He was just thinking about it, but the tip of Haron’s ear tickled.

Afterwards, he concentrated on the situation in the conference room again.

It was still a mess. There was a fierce battle between the two dukes.

Even their supporters were split in half to join in on their fight.

Haron was watching quietly with his chin in his hand.

「Wait until the right moment comes.」

It was the right time.

He looked around the conference hall, where the voices were getting louder.

The fact that Carl frequented Duke Blake for some time had been hinted toward Haron.

If it was Carl, he must have come here for business, and there was a high possibility that the mahone stones were involved.

Haron opened his mouth quietly, feeling the atmosphere around him slowly fading away.

“Here.”

When Haron raised his voice, the eyes in the conference hall poured onto him.

“I am the only person who has ever fought the Devil. Other than myself, no one knows the Devil better than me.”

Okay. There was no one here who knew her better than him. For some reason, he raised the corners of his lips slowly in a sense of triumph.

He appeared with a confident smile in the eyes of others.

“Did you say it was a Mahone Stone trade?”

He tilted his head and said in a slightly twisted posture.

“A few years ago, I was accused as a mahone stone thief in the lord’s estate.”

As Haron’s words fell, the crowd roared in a way that was incomparable to the previous ruckus.

Most of them knew about it, but after that, there were a lot of big incidents afterwards, such as the subjugation of the Devil, so it was one of those incidents that was naturally buried. The Warrior himself brought up the incident that everyone had forgotten about.

Duke Blake, who was quietly listening to him, frowned.

He didn’t know why Haron was bringing that up.

“But I wasn’t the culprit. The real culprit was different, and it was… the Devil.”

“What kind of bullshit…!”

“How do you know if it’s bullshit or not? Carl, no, Marquis Altor?”

Carl, who had yelled out the word ‘bullshit’, had no choice but to shut his mouth while grinding his teeth.

He still had to watch his language as Duke Blake didn’t know he was involved in that day’s work yet.

Instead, he growled and attacked the other side.