CHAPTER 48

Haron detailed all of the words that were said by the Duke to his knight, Sir Icus.

Since all of them were knights that originally belonged to the Duke family, despite their strength, they still weren’t aware of what Duke Blake was capable of doing.

Even Sir Icus, Hermila, and Kozen were all unexpectedly ignorant.

“Whoa there, we’re no longer working for the Duke anyways, so you don’t have to worry too much about it, young man.”

Haron and Icus, who had finished training the knights belatedly, talked while walking near the gymnasium.

“Thank you for your understanding, Sir Icus.”

“You’re welcome.”

Haron knew how capable and skillful Kozen and Icus were as knights, but he still did not fully trust them yet.

It was a habit that was naturally engraved into his body since it was not just once or twice that those friends or colleagues, whom he believed in, fell for the Duke’s bribes and betrayed him.

But it was different for Lord Icus.

“Do you still have nightmares at night? I’ve heard that you have trouble sleeping well.”

“…Yes.”

“Oh no, but don’t take too much medicine. It’s not good for you.”

“How did you know about me taking medicine?”

“How could I not know about it? I’ve known you ever since you were a kid.”

“…”

Haron turned his head without saying a word. Sir Icus has been one of the main knights of the Blake family for so many years now. At the same time, he was also Haron’s swordsmanship partner and a longtime friend.

The two were very good knights and had similar skills, so they considered each other as friends and rivals.

The only difference was that Icus came from a commoner family, while Haron’s teacher was from a noble one.

Because of that slight difference, Icus did not become Haron’s swordsmanship teacher.

There was a time when Icus secretly grumbled, saying, “even though I was trained by a commoner, if I rolled in the mud and collapsed, I’m still a nobleman.”

Ironically, as time passed, the result was the opposite.

When Icus returned from fighting in the battlefield, he became a high-ranking general, and Haron’s teacher was already dead.

“Your nanny’s birthday is coming soon. Would you like to go with me?”

“…Well, that’s a shame.”

“You would love it. You’ve been so busy dealing with the Devil’s case over the past few years and you haven’t been visiting her, so I think you should go.”

Haron’s eyes shook slightly when his nanny was mentioned, but he quickly regained his stance.

“I’ll go when the time comes.”

Icus silently watched Haron’s side profile.

‘You’ve changed a lot, really.’

In the past, when he mentioned those two people, Haron would show a sign of weakness. But now there was hardly any sign of agitation.

Others may not be happy by his sudden changes, but Icus thought that Haron changed for the better.

Because before, he looked like a person who had been burdened with a heavy load.