CHAPTER 33

(Lucia’s POV)

In the secret warehouse, about a dozen Mahone stones were being displayed like mere treasure.

[It’s clear that all of these things aren’t ordinary Mahone stones. Even more so because the Demon King kept them locked up in the basement like this and never mentioned it to anyone.]

“I don’t feel any energy coming from them.”

I tried to tap the Mahone stones on the wall with my finger.

Each stone was large and brightly colored, and it didn’t look like the Mahone stone that typically came from ordinary demons.

But, oddly enough, none of them were emitting any energy. They were all simply shining like ordinary jewels on the wall.

Sagna approached the Mahone stones on display, while looking around carefully, and nodded with a knowing face.

[These things were sealed by the Demon King herself. To prevent the energy of the Mahone stones from spreading out.]

“How come? They’re not even alive, they’re just stones.”

Mahone stones are gems from dead demons.

To be precise, they are jewels that are made up of the souls from demons.

Ordinary demons lose their power as soon as they become a Mahone stone.

Often, there were people who needed or wanted to study the strength that remained feeble in every stone. Mainly the Wizards.

I know because I’ve managed to gather a lot of Mahone stones in the game. The energy left in the stones is less than 1 % of the original energy.

I’m afraid that the Demon King has gone through all that trouble of sealing these Mahone stones only because of that 1%?

I nodded with that thought in mind.

[Some say that even that 1% of their energy is too menacing. And besides….]

“Besides?”

[If it falls into the hands of those foolish humans, it will take over their body…]

Sagna paused for a moment. I waited until he spoke again.

Then he turned around and looked me in the eyes.

[Do you know what their ultimate goal is?]

“Well, revenge on those demons who sealed them.”

[No.]

He looked more serious and firm, as he looked directly into my eyes.

A low, playful tone suddenly echoed.

[To gain a body that can withstand their own strength and to be resurrected.]

“…”

[And the body with the best conditions is you, the body of the Demon King.]

At the moment, silence flowed into the dark cellar.

Was that a lie? I was about to ask that playful question, but I just shut my mouth at Sagna’s serious declaration.

“…I don’t think I’ve seen anything like that while I was still playing the game.”

[What?]

“Oh, it’s nothing.”

Our gazes collided with each other. Neither side could detect any feelings in the other’s eyes.

We were just facing one another to see through each other’s thoughts.