Chapter 60

(3rd person pov cont.)

The New Year’s party was in full swing at the capital.

The New Year’s party started on the evening of the last day of the year, and continued past midnight until the new sun rose.

As the new sun rose, a congratulatory speech from the saint was said in the temple. Hearing the congratulatory speech was the process of the empire welcoming the new year.

Most of the famous nobles gathered in the largest banquet hall of the Imperial Palace and stayed up all night to enjoy the festival.

The imperial family held a very splendid banquet to evoke an atmosphere of revelry.

Among them, the one that could be said to have received the most attention was Shiana, the red-haired princess of the imperial family.

It was her responsibility to lead the banquets.

Shiana, who played such an important role, was currently biting her nails by herself in the seat next to Haron.

‘Nothing big will happen, right?’

Her heart was pounding so hard that she felt dizzy.

She glanced at Haron next to her.

How did she manage to persuade the Emperor to persuade Haron to sit next to her until the very end?

‘But why is he in such a bad mood again?’

Haron was exuding a more ferocious and heavier energy than usual. It did not fit at all with the atmosphere of the New Year’s party, which was supposed to be fun and exciting.

He wasn’t just like this today.

He had been acting dark like this starting a few days ago. To the extent that all the knights around him were worried about what had happened.

‘Did he notice that I was helped by the Marquis?’

The glass of champagne she was holding in her hand shook lightly.

Shiana shook her head. Even if he knew what she was doing, it would be hard to question her just because she gave her jewels to the nobles.

It could just be that he has been struggling a lot with the Devil until recently, so maybe that’s why he was tired.

‘Because there are a lot of people, I have to pretend to be friendly.’

Shiana cleared her throat and spoke her words to Haron.

“I… Warrior?”

“No.”

That bastard was obviously mad at her.

Shiana lowered her gaze in an instant at Haron’s fierce gaze. Haron’s expression, looking back at her, was truly frosty. Even though she was scared, she couldn’t speak to him ignorantly.

However, contrary to what Shiana had thought of him, Haron’s attention did not reach her at all.

‘The Prince…’

Haron ruffled his hair angrily. His hair, which had been decorated at its best by the servants for a banquet, was flowing wildly.

However, his beauty was already outstanding to the extent that such trivial things were not taken seriously.

When Haron was in recent communication with Lucia, it seemed that the blonde prince, who was often seen behind Lucia, was bothering him.

Lucia said she didn’t see the screen on his side. So, she probably didn’t care much for Haron and acted as usual.