CHAPTER 41

The Devil’s Castle always greeted the morning a little later in comparison to other places.

Unlike the people who have been busy moving around since dawn, the gates were opened slowly a little later in the morning, and the people wandering around the castle only noticed one by one.

It wasn’t too late then for all the demons to act. There were those who got up from the wind at dawn and went out hunting.

However, that did not mean that the morning of the Devil’s Castle arrived quickly.

After all, the morning of the castle started when the Devil woke up.

[Are you awake, Devil?]

“Um… did you sleep well, Deran?”

I stretched lightly and got up from my bed.

Unlike Deran, who greeted me politely, Derakal next to him was nodding while half asleep.

Deran clicked his tongue and tapped Derakal’s head with his foot.

[It looks like you went out hunting in the early morning. No matter how violently you run, you will fall asleep again as soon as you arrive.]

“Don’t wake him up and leave him alone. It must have been frustrating to hide from the humans while guarding Tina.”

I lightly stroked Derakal’s hair.

I was about to get dressed and go outside, but somehow, the castle sounded noisy.

“Did I oversleep today?”

[You slept a little longer than usual. The princess and the person who came yesterday are already waiting for you downstairs.]

“Oh, right. The prince.”

I remembered Shud, who had entered the castle at dawn yesterday.

“…That picky eater.”

I also remembered the remarks he had made.

Well, I know it’s inevitable.

Unlike Tina, who lived here with me since she was young, the prince probably grew up with only luxurious and delicious food, so the dish that I made must have been bad.

Yeah, I understand.

[Devil.]

I actually cooked poorly, and even Tina cooks better than me.

[Devil?]

The royal family didn’t even teach her how to behave.

Of course, she was embarrassed and apologized after she said something without even realizing it.

[Devil!]

“Oh.”

Only then did I raise my head. While lost in thought, my two legs were moving steadily towards the main hall.

“Sorry, I was thinking about something else. What did you just say?

[Not here, but at the tea table in the garden.]

“What? Why this morning?”

[If you go… you will know.]

I tilted my head and walked towards the garden.

Why in the morning? But, in fact, I knew that it was now closer to lunch than breakfast.

For a noble prince, it was not a strange time to have a cup of tea in the garden.

The reason my face, which had a harsh look while facing the garden with my arms crossed, gradually loosened, was because of the good smell coming from the garden.