CHAPTER 31

(Lucia’s pov)

‘It’s dark.’

It was black, empty space as if nothing existed. I stared ahead, yes, it was as if I were dead.

‘How dare you.’

A resentful whisper buzzed around my ears.

There were no words to answer the wounded face that came into my mind faintly. No arms, no legs, nothing. There was nothing I could do.

‘I’d rather be happy.’

Rather than spitting out the selfish excuses where I didn’t intentionally try to deceive.

It occurred to me that it might be better to just say nothing like this.

~*~

As soon as I came to consciousness, I could feel that I’ve been lying down for quite a long time. Bright sunlight shone between the thin canopy of my bed and warmed my body.

There’s a theory that the fortress is gloomy, but it’s actually brighter and more pleasant than anywhere else.

“…Ah.”

I tried to say something.

Even though I was lying down for quite a long time, my throat didn’t feel bad. I felt light-hearted after waking up from the crisis. I then got up and looked around. Everything felt familiar.

My room, my bed, and above all, Tina is sleeping by the bedside with her beautiful blonde hair flowing down. Suddenly, I remembered Tina running towards me while crying just before my eyes closed.

“…Tina, how much did you cry? Your eyes are swollen.”

She held my hand tightly while she’s asleep. I carefully reached out with my other hand and tucked her hair behind her ears.

Her sleeping position looked very uncomfortable, so I thought about waking her up and sending her to a room for a while.

[Leave her alone.]

I heard Sagna’s voice nearby. He’s been sitting by the window of my room while staring at me for quite some time. He then flew up and settled on my blanket.

[She’s been singing all day.]

“…”

[The wound healed to a certain extent so it should be fine, but she kept trying to sing until you woke up, so I sprinkled sleeping powder and forced her to sleep. So, leave her alone.]

“…Then I’ll take her to a better place..”

[We tried to do the same thing, but the princess held your hand tightly and wouldn’t let go. That little thing is powerful.]

Sagna shook his head as if he were sick of it. I laughed profusely.

Fortunately, Tina loosened her hand when I slightly patted her head. Sagna tried to look brave, but he just looked cute to me.

“That’s why I’m in such good shape from listening to healing songs all day.”

[Three days.]

“What?”

Sagna spread his wings and expressed three.

[You were down for three days.]

“…Three days?”

[The abdominal wound is still not fully recovered, so be careful. What the hell did you get stabbed with?]

“Well…”