CHAPTER 52

As soon as Haron returned to the mansion, he violently tore off his jacket and threw it while uttering abusive language and slammed the wall with his fist.

He grinded his teeth as his fever rose uncontrollably, so he opened the window of the room wide.

‘Someday, the warrior will be able to kill the Devil with his own hands’

Whenever I remembered the words that the saint had spoken about, I felt sick and nauseated.

[She’s not wrong, is she?]

“Shut up.”

[You’re going to kill the devil one day, whether it’s because of you or because of me.]

“I told you to shut up.”

[If you don’t face reality, you’ll only live in a dream for the rest of your life. Why did the Devil write letters for two years without seeing you?]

2 years. It has already been that long. Haron cooled the heat on his forehead and eyes with the back of his cold hands.

When Haron didn’t respond, Riggs also calmed down without saying more.

“You’ll be able to kill her with that hand.”

He looked down at his palm.

‘Yeah, I pierced her with this hand.’

It was when Riggs lent its strength, but it was only his will to pierce her down from the beginning to the end. The single sentence that the saint said evoked the trauma buried deep within him.

A few shimmering scenes came to mind in his dizzying mind. The half-broken mask, flowing silver hair, moaning in pain, bleeding…

“…God damn it.”

Haron spit out swear words that seemed to boil in his throat. Then he turned his head and looked out the window at the dark sky in the distance. It didn’t look good.

But apparently, at the end of that direction was the Devil’s Castle, and she was there.

[I miss you.]

“…”

[Two years is a long time.]

It became natural to read the thoughts and feelings of others while sharing consciousness. Riggs knew. For Haron, a home or a haven was not here.

His soul was as good as two years ago. He pretended to be fine and moved no more than an empty guise, but it was such a clear love that Riggs wondered how the other person would not know.

[This is enough. It’s okay to go back now, right?]

Haron slowly turned his back. When the candle flickered once more, he had already disappeared in the room without leaving a trace.

* * *

(Lucia’s POV)

– That’s right! I had a completely successful experiment, but the guy next to me suddenly made nonsensical comments on my results…!

I smiled and nodded as Tina’s words flowed through the crystal ball.

– It’s really outrageous… So, after that, he said he saw it wrong, and he made a fuss about it and didn’t even apologize!

“Hey, that’s bad.”

– Ugh. It’s all good here, but sometimes it’s frustrating because there are guys who can’t communicate like that.

Tina puffed up her cheeks angrily. I reached out to kiss her, then realized that she was a crystal ball and lowered it again.

Tina chatted about 10 more minutes after that. Then, when the crystal ball’s magic ran out, the call ended.