CHAPTER 32

(Haron’s POV)

[Tsk! What a pathetic bastard.]

Even with the Mahone stone’s head-breaking voice, I was still in a daze as if I did not hear a thing.

“…I’m sorry.”

Lucia left that one word behind. I didn’t dare to hold on to her because she still looked extremely pale.

[What are you going to do now, you pathetic bastard? Are you really going to give up being a Warrior? Then, what about the devil?]

Warrior.

It was an honor that I was willing to abandon at any time. It was something that I didn’t wish to have in the first place.

Someone else who was hungry for honor could have it instead.

The Mahone stone grumbled angrily, as if he had managed to read my thoughts.

[I came to you because of your desire to kill the devil!]

“…”

[If you give up now, a newly appointed person will replace you and become the next Warrior instead. Then, I will make sure to give him enough strength to kill the devil.]

If that happens, I will kill that person.

If he also attacks Lucia with that ridiculous and explosive power…

I still remember that chilling sensation of stabbing her with my own hands. Luckily, I was able to solve it peacefully. However, I attacked because I felt greed for the first time in my life.

But that choice was the one that put her at risk.

‘I won’t let that happen again.’

Haron approached with staggering footsteps and picked up the Mahone stone that was lying around.

He held it in his hand so tightly that his hand started bleeding. Then the Mahone stone was sucked up inside Haron’s palm as it began to be absorbed inside of him.

[Yes, you and I will establish a good contract. We might be able to help each other, no?]

The growling voice of the Mahone stone started to fade to a place that he couldn’t reach, deep within his mind.

If she continued to defend her position as the devil, then the hero who would oppose her should only be me.

It seemed that my purpose will only be the Warrior, who will always oppose and wield my sword against her.

Haron’s purple eyes dimmed even more.

He felt exhausted after days of having no sleep and no food.

[My name is Richelios. I will share my power with you when you need it. In return, you have to give me-]

“Warrior.”

At this improper timing, his bedroom door suddenly opened and a face that he didn’t want to see suddenly entered the room.

“Warrior, how the hell did this happen?!”

The Lord hurriedly approached Haron, as if he had lost all his manners and began to argue in a very loud and obnoxious voice.

“How did the soldiers who came with you to attack the devil suddenly teleport back to the capital? Furthermore, your failure to subdue the devil was such a shameful act.”

“…Noisy.”

“Are you working … What?”

In response to Haron’s calm reaction, the lord wrinkled his forehead. But Haron muttered again in a very nonchalant voice.