CHAPTER 47

(Lucia’s POV)

Since we couldn’t share our story in the alley covered with beans, we decided to move to a nearby cafe.

“It’s been awhile.”

“…That’s right.”

I lifted the mug and took a sip. As I placed it down, I made a thud sound on purpose and looked at them deliberately.

This look meant, ‘It would be very inconvenient to listen to another excuse, so spit it out.’

“I’m asking you straightforwardly. Why are the Magicians of the Tower following me?”

“I really apologize for what I did. I didn’t mean to harm you. I just wanted to tell you something when you’re alone, that’s why I followed you for awhile.”

“Tell me something?”

The wizards looked into each other’s eyes. Then, the female sorcerer cut her hand and began to mumble some sort of spell.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m putting up a transparent shield so that our voices won’t be heard by others.”

“Well, it seems that the story to be told is really important.”

“Yes, it is very important.”

There was a ray of seriousness in the male wizard’s eyes. Yet, it was already imprinted in my memory of him stepping on those beans and falling backwards, that’s why he didn’t look very serious to me.

“My lady, do you remember the request that we offered you last time?”

“Are you talking about me being a spy for the Warrior?” 

“You remember well.”

“Yes, and I also remember that I turned down that request.”

“Well, I’m here to give you the same offer, again.”

The wizard slipped his hand inside his coat and pulled out a small piece of paper. Then he carefully laid the paper down on the table.

“Matap official check. 10,000 gold. That’s the amount you suggested before.”

Gasp.

The reaction came from Shud rather than me.

10,000 gold was definitely not a small amount of money. Because Shud, who is a prince, was surprised as well.

It would be difficult for a high-ranking nobleman in the Empire to be able to pay this amount for just a single request. As Lucia looked at the check on the table, she finally said.

“…What should I do? I’m not even his maid anymore.”

“It’s simple. You just need to come with us right now.”

“You wanted me to follow you? Then where are you going to take me?”

“The client wants to see you.”

Client.

I rolled my eyes slightly. Even if I don’t ask, he was clearly talking about Duke Blake.

As I looked at him suspiciously, he added hastily.

“It’s not going to be very dangerous. He just wanted to see your face, just for a moment.”

“10,000 gold just to see my face?”

“Yes, that’s right.”

The faces of the wizards brightened a little. He must have thought that I was enamored by his proposal.