CHAPTER 23

After the duke entered, some people who were wearing an unusual robe approached Lucia, who was quietly waiting outside.

“Hello Miss Lucia. It’s nice to finally meet you.”

“And you are?”

Lucia answered cautiously. Although it sounded a bit cold, it was only because she’s hiding her true identity.

People in unidentified robes continued to talk to her regardless.

“You don’t have to be wary. We’re just wizards from the Tower.”

“If you’re a wizard, then…”

“Yes, we are the ones who brought Duke Blake here.”

The Tower, the Wizards Guild.

Lucia was quite familiar with them.

In the game, the warrior’s job is a prosecutor. The Wizards didn’t have that much involvement, but she still remembered them being used to uncover some hidden quest.

The Tower was a group of outstanding wizards who served in a guild.

For a certain amount of money, they can be hired as a temporary colleague.

It was more like a pre-paid service, or also known as what mercenaries do.

A wizard’s fee can be very expensive while not being cost-effective. But there are still a lot of people who request for their assistance, especially the nobles.

In other words, it was never impossible to hire someone, as long as they can pay well.

Lucia, who was lost in thought, nodded innocently.

Well it’s a fact that they would need to be skilled and talented in order to teleport that far in such a short notice.

“The Duke has come with a group of capable men.” Lucia finally answered.

“Thank you for the compliment.”

“You don’t need to be polite to her. She’s just a maid.”

“Ohh…”

The other wizards were kind of speechless. They were aware that Lucia was a maid, but she definitely knew how to use honorifics naturally.

Also, the energy coming from her was not like any ordinary maid.

“That’s all right.”

They didn’t have the courage to talk easily, so they just shook their heads.

Lucia was not stubborn about this and that because she’s usually familiar with the client and attendant trade relationship.

“There’s something that I’d like to talk to you about, Miss Lucia. Would you mind if we can have a few words with you?”

“With me….? But I’m only just a maid, I don’t think there’s anything to discuss with me.”

“To be exact, I’m going to deliver Duke Blake’s proposal instead.”

Lucia opened her mouth to the unexpected information.

Duke Blake, the foster father of the warrior.

The owner of the most influential family in the Empire.

‘The fact that such a person made a suggestion to me means the original story has been completely twisted.’

It was not surprising at all. What’s surprising is that Lucia, the maid, is the center of attention, not the devil.